Monday, July 15, 2013

Lava Hot Springs and news about my dad - Monday, July 15, 2013

On Saturday, July 13th, my dad had a heart attack.  Linda called me that night after all the kids had gone to bed.  She said that dad had a heart attack and he's in a hospital in Alaska.  They kept him in the ICU overnight.  In the morning, they ran some test to see how much damage was done.  They said that he is not too bad, so they will let him go home and go to a hospital in Utah to be treated.  They said that he is very lucky to be alive.  Especially considering that he waited so long to come to the hospital.  When I got a chance to talk to him, he told me about what had happened.  He woke up feeling kind of funny that day.  He was spending the summer in Alaska, helping Lonnie and Cy on their mine.  He just wasn't feeling right.  He felt a little dizzy and nauseous.  He told Lonnie and Cy that he wasn't feeling well and they told him to take time off and relax until he felt better.  He was laying in his bad and he could tell something just wasn't right with his heart and he thought he might be having a heart attack or something.  While he was laying there, trying to decide what to do, his heart made a big thump (or something like that - I'm having a hard time remembering all of the details of the story).  After that he started to feel better.  He told Lonnie and Cy about what he was feeling and they thought that he should go see a Dr.  Someone was planning to go in to town the next day and they told him to go with and see a Dr.  That's where he found out he had a heart attack.  I'm going to have to call and have my dad tell me the story again, because the details are so fuzzy in my mind right now.  I'm pretty sure I'm not telling it right.  The good news is that he is okay.
We went to Lava Hot Springs to play and get our minds off the worrying about my dad.  He is still in Alaska, so there isn't much we can do for him.  We had fun playing here.  I got a little carried away taking pictures this time.  I took way too many pictures.  When we went inside to play in the kiddie area, Alissa and Brinley made friends.  I don't know their friends names, but I'm just telling you to explain who the other girls in the pictures are.  








































No comments:

Post a Comment