Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Splash Pad - Wednesday, July 31, 2013

All year Tremonton has been asking for donations and support to make a splash pad here in Tremonton.  This is the picture they have been using to entice us.  The post with this picture attached to it said, "Would you like to see this in Tremonton?  Of course you would!  Please come to our awesome fundraiser at the site of the future splash pad, library park on tremont Street!"
 Finally the splash pad is finished!  Above is what they said they were building.  Below is what they actually built.
Kind of poopy, huh!?!  But still fun.  Just a big disappointment. I just think they should have advertised that they were making a cement slab with water shooting out of it.
So we made plans with Hannah Rizzuto to meet at the splash pad at 1:00pm.

Side note about how Hannah and I know eachother :  Hannah is Laurie Fife's step daughter.  She recently moved into the Fife's house (across the street from our old house on Tremont Street).  I met Hannah when we worked together at Little Brigham Aggies.  I was working there, when the Fife's moved in.  Hannah and I were talking one night and we realized that her dad and his wife were my new neighbors.  It was a funny coincidence.  I became good friends with Laurie Fife (married to Hannah's dad).  Laurie passed away unexpectedly in November last year.  So it is really weird to go over to her house and hang out with Hannah (who is living their now).  All of Laurie's furniture is still there.  The house looks pretty much the same as it did the last time I was over there.  It makes me sad.  I miss Laurie.  She was a lot of fun.  It makes me sad to see her family without her.  Her family is doing okay.  Tom has met someone else and they will be getting married soon.  They are renting another house in the same neighborhood.  That way the kids can go to the same school and that will make things easier on them.  I'm happy that tom found someone else.  It will be good for his kids to have a mom around.

So, we planned to meet Hannah.  The kids love to play with her kids.  Hannah texted me shortly after we made our plans, that she just got invited by someone else to meet at the splash pad.  She still planned to meet us, but let me know the other people would be there.
The kids had a lot of fun at the splash pad.  We ended up seeing a ton of people that we knew there.  We also ended up running into Tiffiny duke, who we had plans to meet there tomorrow.  So that was kind of funny.  Tiffiny and I still decided to keep our plans for tomorrow, even though we were there at the same time today.
Seeing people from our old neighborhood on Tremont street brings back a lot of hurt feelings.  I wish I cold let things go a little easier, but some of those people over there were absolutely horrible to us.  That put a little damper on the day, but besides that we had fun.
 Brinley was so excited to see her friend, Bethany at the splash pad.  They have been trying to arrange a play date for a few weeks now.  I'm glad they got to play for a little while.  Bethany is going on a big vacation to California for the rest of the summer, so they won't get to see each other again until school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment