Friday, July 5, 2013

Our Montana Trip - Wednesday - July 3, 2013


 The kids were really scared to play outside or do anything with out Roger being there with us, so we spent most of our time sitting inside.  We had fun though.  We ate some lunch and spent the rest of the time playing Jenga.  When Roger got back, the kids weren't scared anymore.  Roger ate his lunch, then we all went outside to play.  The kids had fun running around and playing and Roger an I had a nice time sitting outside relaxing and watching them.



 After relaxing at the cabin for a little bit, we headed to Bowman Lake to play.  The water was really cold!  It was hard to get used to it.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with their floatie toys.  Roger and I decided that we would both go out in the water and both of us had to go under the water.  It was so cold, so it was really hard to do, but it was fun.




There was one really annoying thing while we were there......Horseflies!  There were a lot of them and for some reason they were attracted to me.  They were swarming me pretty much the whole time we were there.  I was so frustrated.  I kept running out into the water to get away from them, but they would follow.  Eventually it got too much for me to handle.  I got mad and decided I was just going to go to the truck  and change into my regular clothes, so they wouldn't be able to get to me as well.  I changed into long pants and I wore my big hoodie sweatshirt so I could be completely covered. up.  They still swarmed me, even after I changed, but it didn't bother me as much, when I was completely covered up.  I wasn't so scared of them stinging me.  After I changed my clothes, everybody else changed in to theirs also.  Then Roger started a fire for us.  We sat around the fire for a little while.  We had planned to roast hot dogs by the fire, but we realized that we had forgotten to bring our roasting sticks.  There was a little chipmunk in one of the fire pits.  It kept popping it's head out to look at us.  We had fun trying to get a good picture of it.  We also saw a few deer.  It was fun to try and get good pictures of the wild life.
 After our camp fire, Roger had a really good idea.  He suggested we take our chairs out to the lake, eat the snacks we had brought with us for dinner, and watch the sunset.  So, that's what we did.  It was so nice and relaxing.  I loved it!  Roger always comes up with the best ideas!

On the drive back to Grandma's,  the kids started listing all of the fun toys that they wanted to get for Christmas or their birthdays.  It was fun to hear them talking about all of the fun stuff they wanted, but that lead to a talk about how to be happy with what you have.  Parker told us that he had said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to let us see a deer running along the side of the road as we were driving home.  Heavenly Father answered his prayer, but he had fallen asleep so he didn't get to see it.  It was fun for all of us who were awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment