Monday, November 25, 2013

Missing Teeth and Pre-Thanksgiving - November 25, 2013

We had a pre-Thanksgiving Dinner, because Roger got a free Turkey from his work.  I don't make pies very often.  I should make them more, because Roger loves them so much.  The first time I tried to make a pie, I was so frustrated, because I thought making the pie crust would be so easy and it wasn't.  I kept messing it up.  I didn't mix enough water in with it and that made it so I couldn't get it to stick together very well after I rolled it out, so getting it into the pie tin was impossible.  I'd end up with a really funny looking pie crust after I'd lay it in the pie tin and patch in the pieces that broke off when I tried to transfer it.  After my first disappointing experience with trying to make the pie crust, I didn't feel like trying again.  I'm not a big fan of pies anyways, so I wasn't very motivated to figure out how to do it right. Every few years or so, I'd try again and have the same results.  Well, this year, I finally did it!  I finally figured out what it was that I was doing wrong.  It only took twelve years of marriage, but I did it.  I only tried 3 or 4 times during all of those years, but it is still pretty sad that it took me twelve years to figure it out.  Here is the picture of my first successful pie crust.
 Roger and Brinley waiting for the food to be ready.
 Alissa and Brinley both ended up losing a tooth at school on the same day.  They were so excited when they got home from school.  They both came racing in the door to tell me what had happened.  They both had loose teeth and they both just happened to have their tooth fall out today.



 Here we are enjoying our Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment