Friday, November 22, 2013

Turkey Crafts - November 22, 2013

Friday - November 22, 2013
I signed up to be a room mother this year in Parker and Brinley's classes.  A lot of other mom's signed up in Parker's class, but only one other mom signed up in Brinley's class.  Since I signed the list first, I got stuck being the head room mom in Brinley's class.  I don't mind helping out, but I don't think I like being in charge.  I don't think I'll be signing up to be a room mother again after this.  Next year I'll be too busy doing daycare that I won't be able to do this again anyway.
So, for Thanksgiving, the PTA provided a treat for the room mother activity, but we had to do the rest.  The class party went really well.  The other room mom came and she brought a game for the kids to play, called 'Don't Eat Pete!'  Brinley' loves that game, so I knew the kids would all enjoy it.  I brought a craft for the kids to make.  It was a turkey that you color in by gluing beans, rice, and noodles onto it.  I wasn't sure if the kids would like it, since I had Brinley try making one the night before and she got frustrated and said she didn't like it.  So, I printed up a bunch of activity pages to entertain the kids who weren't interested in the craft I had planned.  Everyone in the class liked the craft (thank goodness)!  I felt really bad though.  I didn't think about what a big mess it would make.  The floor was covered with rice, beans and noodles by the time we finished.
Here is a picture of the turkey I made and the turkey's Parker and Brinley started to make, but didn't want to finish.  The colored in turkey's are from the activity pages I made for Brinley's class.  Brinley made one and a boy in her class, Tanner, made the other one.  I used to babysit Tanner, so he hangs around me a lot when I go and help the class.  When he finished the turkey he said that he made it for me and he gave it to me to take home.  That was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment