Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Cousin's Wedding - November 15, 2013

Friday - November 15, 2013
My cousin, John Altig married Deanna Hartshorn today.  My cousin grew up in Alaska, so I only met him once or twice before this day.  My sister, Linda did an amazing job with all of the decorations.  I'm always so impressed by her talent and the things she comes up with.  I made the wedding cake.  This wedding was really nice, because, we didn't cater it.  It was nice to be able to relax and enjoy the reception after all the decorating was done.  
Towards the end, a wedding crasher came.  He came over and talked to my sisters, he told them that he used to be a member and he had a reception like this.  Then he mentioned that everybody had their phones and they didn't have that stuff back then.  He started talking about how computers are taking over the world.  Missy said, they thought he was being funny, so they laughed.  But, he didn't take to kindly to that, he told them all that he hopes they all make it to the Celestial Kingdom or maybe they could just beam themselves there on their phones.  Then, as he started to leave, Mikal (Missy's husband) told him not to let the door hit him on the way out.  I was over sitting with my Grandma when this happened, do I didn't hear it all, that's just what I was told happened.  I was really sad that I missed out on that.  I love crazy encounters like that.  I love having those kind of fun stories to share.  Here are some pictures of the decorations at the wedding:


No comments:

Post a Comment