Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tremonton City Light Display - December 8, 2013

Sunday - December 8, 2013
The kids modeling the hats that I made today.
 I don't love how the beard hat turned out.  I have just been making these patterns up as I go, since most of the designs I found on the internet didn't come with instructions.  So I made the mouth of the beard way too big.  I think I figured out a way to make it better, hopefully I will remember it when I attempt to make another beard hat.
Alissa is sporting a mo-hawk hat.
 We were bored and decided to go out adventuring in the snow.  So, we all piled in the truck, with no real plan of where we were going to go or what we were going to do.  As we pulled out of the parking lot, Roger suggested that we go to the park that I had told him about.  It is the park made out of farm equipment up by Marble Hill.  I have been trying to get him to go there for a while, but I was a little frustrated that he finally decided that it was a good time to go when it was dark and snowy outside.  I knew we wouldn't really be able to see much.  But we went anyway.  We drove right past it, because it was too dark and snowy too see.  We turned around when we realized our mistake and found a place to park on the side of the road.  We had fun wandering around in the snow and playing.  We were all able to fit on the teeter-totter and that was fun!  There is a big bell there.  When you tug on the rope it will ring.  So, we started ringing the bell.  When we quit, we heard some noise and looked over to see a large heard of deer running from the field next to us and across the road.  There were a lot of deer!
After our park fun, we decided to drive around Marble Hill and look at people's Christmas decorations.  When we finished there, we decided to head into town and see some more Christmasy fun.  We went to The Tremonton City Light Display.  They have a place for you to park, then you tune in to a certain radio station to hear the music.  You're supposed to watch from your car, but nobody else was there and we couldn't resist not playing out in the snow.  So, we turned up the volume, rolled down the windows, and had fun playing in the snow and watching the light display.  We had a ton of fun, but we were really cold by the time we decided to leave.
On the drive home, we went through our old neighborhood on the south side of Tremonton, so we could see the house with the upside down Christmas tree in the window and another house that is always really decked out that was close to where we used to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment