Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gingerbread Houses - December 14, 2013

Saturday - December 14, 2013
My niece Missy came to visit.  We always have so much fun when she comes.  This time, we decided to make gingerbread houses.  I don't love gingerbread cookies and I don't usually have molasses (an ingredient needed to make it) on hand, so I usually use graham crackers to make our houses.  This year, I had a better and more affordable idea.  We used sugar cookies.  I loved doing it this way!  It was a lot of fun.  We started by making patterns for our houses on paper, then we used those to cut out our shapes in the cookie dough.  It ended up taking us a lot longer than expected to get the cookies made, so we decided to make the cookies tonight and get everything else ready, then wake up and finish the cookies in the morning before Missy had to head home.  Here are some of the pictures I took while we were making our cookies and preparing things.


No comments:

Post a Comment