Saturday, August 9, 2014

Huffaker Family Reunion Day 1 - August 8, 2014

Friday - August 8, 2014
We all met at the Fielding Garr Ranch on Antelope Island.  There were a lot of buffalo.  It was fun to see them all.  A bunch of them decided to cross the road right in front of us.
 There weren't any signs that let us know we were at the Fielding Garr Ranch, so that was a little frustrating when we first got there.  We decided to get out, look around, and see if we ran into anybody.  Luckily Missy, Teresa, and Tyler were there, so we knew we were in the right place.  We found out that they were going to have a ghost hunt there when it got dark.  I thought that sounded like a lot of fun, but I knew we probably wouldn't be able to do it.  We said "Hi!" to everybody then walked around and saw what the ranch had to offer.  There was a big field with lots of old farming equipment.  The kids posed by an old truck and some other stuff, then we found an area where the kids could learn and practice roping.  They loved that.



 Tyler posing while he filled a bucket with some yucky water.
 The kids were having fun trying to learn how to rope, so they didn't want to walk around with me anymore.  So, I wandered through the house and buildings with out them.  Walking in, reminded me of the old house up the North Fork.  It smelled exactly like Grandma and Grandpa Holcomb's house.  I really wish we would have been able to go to Montana this year.  The smell made me really home sick for Montana.  Anyway... beside making me wish I was in Montana, it was a lot of fun.  It was interesting to walk through and see everything.

 When I finished, the kids were still playing with the ropes and toy horses.

 Brinley wanted me to take a picture of her on the horse, but she was wearing skinny jeans and wasn't able to lift her leg high enough to get on.  She's a funny girl.
 Alissa felt like she had the roping thing mastered, but every time she had me watch her do it, she would miss.  She kept telling me that she can do it and has been doing it this whole time, but every time I watch, she messes up.  She was getting so frustrated.  It was funny.
 I finally got the kids to walk around and do more exploring with me.
 For some reason, they were really creeped out by this room and especially by this picture hanging about the fireplace.  They thought it was so creepy.


 After everybody got here, we all gathered together to enjoy some dinner.  It was fun to visit with everybody.  Brinley was especially excited to see her cousin, Aurora.


 We stayed until it got dark.  We gathered up all of our stuff and stood visiting with family in the parking lot.  The kids were busy trying to arrange different people for them to ride with.  We ended up having Brinley, Parker, and Aurora ride with Missy and Tyler.  And Alissa and Anastasia rode with us.  Before we left, I realized I had to go to the bathroom.  I was a little worried because I didn't see a light for the bathroom.  As I walked over there, Melissa came to.  She also had to use the rest room.  The kids told us that there was a sensor and the light would come on when we got close.  When we got up to the door, the light flickered on.  It was really creepy.  I didn't like it.  Also, there were a couple large creepy crawly spiders that we knew of.  One was in the stall with me.  I watched it as I hurried to go potty and get the heck out of there.  I had just finished buttoning up my pants, when the lights turned off.  It was pitch dark!  Melissa was in another stall and we both just started screaming hysterically.  I was so freaked out and panicky, that I couldn't get the stall door to open.  I just get so shaky when I'm scared, it's hard to get my hands to work right.  I finally managed to get out.  Once I got out, my movement outside of the stall, triggered the motion sensor lights to turn back on.  Alissa and Anastasia came running in just after I got the lights back on.  they were laughing, of course.  They had used the restrooms before us, but they had been smart enough to have one person wait, while the other one went.  How were we supposed to know that the motion sensor couldn't detect motion from with in the stalls.  And why wouldn't they detect motions from with in the stalls?  That's just mean!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one in there.  It was really funny once we got out.  We had a good laugh about it. 
We headed to the VanBibber's house to have a camp out in their back yard.  Melissa, Anastasia, and Aurora set up camp in the VanBibber's backyard also.  It was fun and just something different.  We had some s'mores, Missy and Becca told everybody some funny stories, then we all went to bed.  It wasn't the best nights sleep, but it was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment