Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tony Grove and Bear Lake - August 12, 2014

Tuesday - August 12, 2014
 Missy VanBibber, Brittany Wilding, and Teresa and Tyler Moser all came to play.  We started our day by meeting them at the cheese factory in Logan.  We all got some yummy cheese then headed out on our way to Tony Grove and then Bear Lake.  We love Tony Grove because it is such a pretty place.  I especially love it because bigfoot has been spotted in that area.  It's always more exciting to go places where there are stories of a bigfoot, a haunting, or a UFO.  I just love that kind of crazy stuff.
Pictures of our handsome Parker.

 Our super silly Brinley
Our cute little 'lissa



 Aunt Teresa and Cousin Tyler




 We made it to Bear Lake!  We have been here a lot this summer.  It's been too much fun.  Missy brought a super fun island toy for us all to play on.  It had a hole in it.  They had patched it, but weren't sure how well the patch would work.  The patch didn't work well at all, but we still had a ton of fun playing on the island until it ran out of air.  Roger, Tyler, Missy, Brittany, Alissa, and I were all on it.  We decided to play a game where we would try to push each other off.  Because it was losing air, it was really hard to stay on the seats.  We had just divided into teams.  Roger, Brittany, and I were going to be on one team.  Right after we decided this, Brittany lost her balance and fell into the water.  It was too funny.  The island had shifted and she was reaching, trying to grab a hold of anything to keep from falling, but there was nothing to grasp.  We all had a good laugh, then waited for her to get back in.  I kept trying to think of a different game to play, but no good ideas game to my mind.  Eventually, we just decided to try and push each other off, but we weren't in teams.  It was just every man for himself.  It was really funny and a lot of fun to play.  We were all laughing so hard.  It's a bummer that the island is ruined.  There were too many holes and they just got worse the more we played on it.  Missy was planning to throw it away when we were done.

 After we all played out in the water for a while, we came back in to eat some lunch.  Some people in a van were having car trouble, so Roger and Tyler went over to help.  They weren't gone very long, I just thought it looked funny the way that Tyler rode on the back of the truck on the way over to them.
 Teresa wanted to see the birds so we threw some food for them.  Parker loves to feed the birds.  






 We could see that a storm was coming.  We gathered up our stuff and planned to stop at Missy's Grandparent's property, so she could show Tyler and Teresa, then we would go to a camp ground in Logan Canyon to have a fire and eat our dinner.  While we were at the VanBibber property, it was so nice, we decided to just stay there and have our fire.  It has such a pretty view of the lake. 







 A few days before this, I got an idea that it would be really cool to take a picture of lightening.  I had decided that the next time there was a lightening storm, I would try and take a lightening picture.  
Anyway, so we started seeing lightening and I remembered my idea.  I stood there for a while trying to get a picture of it, but it was too hard.  I'd see it strike, but I couldn't snap the picture fast enough.  The only way would be to continuously snap pictures.  I got frustrated and decided that I would not worry too much about it now, but I would try again another time. 



 After we had our s'mores, I noticed that Missy had her phone and looked like she was taking pictures.  She had decided that she was going to get a lightening picture.  I couldn't just sit back and let her get a lightening picture before me, so I had to try again.  I took a lot of pictures.  I set the camera to sport mode where it will just snap pictures over and over.  I took a lot of pictures!  Parker and Brinley came over and jumped in front of the camera a few times.
 After a super long time and a ton of pictures, I finally managed to catch the tail end of a lightening strike.  You barely see it, but that's okay.  That counts.  I did it!  I took a picture of lightening!
We hurried and left after I got my picture.  the storm got really bad and the first part of the drive home was kind of scary.  The rain was coming down really hard.  The road had been warm, so the rain landing on it caused a lot of steam to be rising up off of the ground.  So we had heavy rain, a foggy mist over the road, lightening flashes blinding us, and on top of that we had to watch out for dear crossing the road.  It was a little scary, but Roger and Missy are good drivers and we all made it home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment