Sunday, March 8, 2015

Playing at The Corrine Park - March 8, 2015

Sunday - March 8th
My poor little Brinley is sick.  It is not fun.  She has a fever.  She has had one since Friday night.  she has been sleeping a lot.  She started to feel better today.  This sickness is making Brinley have crazy dreams.  She keeps waking up all scared and convinced that she is seeing ghosts.  We watched some scary ghost shows during the week.  I'm sure that was the cause of the crazy ghost dreams, but the sickness helped to make it so much worse.  Last night, she woke up saying that her blanket came off her bed and flew around the room in circles really fast, then it came back on her and pressed into her chest.  When she first told the story, she said that she got up and ran around the room.  When I asked more questions for her to clarify what she was saying, it changed to her blanket flying around the room.  She begged me to come upstairs and look at her blanket.  When I went up, it looked normal.  Nothing was out of place.  Her stuffed animals were still sitting on the blanket in the same place they had been when she went to bed.  She was so confused.  She woke up quite a few times after that.  It was a long night.  Tonight, Parker convinced Brinley to sleep downstairs in the living room with him.  I'm pretty sure he was scared from Brinley's ghost story from last night.  So, they were both downstairs sleeping and I was in the kitchen playing the computer, when I heard Brinley in the living room talking (she talks in her sleep).  I just ignored it at first, but then she got louder.  She was yelling to her friend, saying, "Layla come back!"  I walked in the living room and Brinley was on the luv sac, up on her knees, looking and yelling for Layla.  I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Where's Layla? Will you tell Layla to come here?"  I told her that Layla wasn't here and she was dreaming.  She looked really confused, then laid back down with a look like she was going to cry.  Then she started to wake up.  She looked at me and told me that she had a scary dream.  She said, "It ran through the door and into the kitchen."  I told her that I thought she was having a good dream because she had been talking in her sleep about Layla.  Then she started to remember that part of the dream and that it wasn't scary.  
Roger came down stair right after that and said that he had a crazy dream.  He dreamed that we were going up a canyon.  There were 2 options.  You could walk or ride a crazy roller coaster.  He chose to ride the roller coaster.  He said it was long and crazy, but so fun.  He felt like he was flying.  At one point they flew way up high then came racing back down into some water.  But they hit the water really softly and it felt amazing.

Parker wanted to have a sleep over really bad on Friday.  The problem was, he went outside and invited 3 friends to sleep over.  He invited Tayson, Porter, and Simon.  I never agreed to it, but they were all convinced that it was happening.  I really considered it, but the longer they were here, the more I realized that I would not be able to handle all these boys here all night.  So, I sent them home.  I'm really glad that I did, because shortly after they left, I realized how sick Brinley was.  She hadn't acted sick at all all day.  Alissa and Brinley both got invited to go over to Malaiyha and Teirnynn's house for cake and ice cream to celebrate Malaiyha's birthday.  Brinley came home early from that, because she said she felt tired.  I'm glad she came home, because that's when I noticed she was sick.

Yesterday, Alissa went with the Young Women to Salt Lake to the Family History Library.  She learned  a lot of fun stuff and was so excited to come home and tell us all about it.  She was also tired, since they had to wake up so early to go.  When Roger realized Alissa was home, he took Alissa and Parker with him to go for a little outing.  Parker and Roger were bored, because they hadn't done anything that day.  They went to get some pizza.  I stayed home with Brinley because she was sick.

I did some research yesterday.  I love learning the history of places we've been.  I love to have good stories about where we are.  We were watching an episode of 'Ghost in my House' and in the show, the house was haunted by some ghosts of people who had passed away in a train wreck near their house, so it occurred to me to search if there were any accidents on the train tracks that run through Tremonton.  I discovered that there were two major ones in Box Elder County.  One in 1910 ish, obliterated a small town called Jackson.  45 people lived there.  Of these 45, 9 people survived.  Everything and everybody was blown to pieces.  It was hard to tell what was what.  One train had explosives in the last two cars.  another train was coming up behind it.  The train with the explosives, was supposed to pull off onto a side track in Jackson, while the other train passed.  It pulled off the track, but a portion of it was still on the main track.  The train that was supposed to pass it, ended up smashing into the back of it and everything exploded.
The other big train accident happened in 1944 around promontory point.  The train was full of men coming home from serving in WWII on New Year's Eve.  A train up ahead of them had some problems.  Their train was alerted to it and had to slow down.  The train behind them, did not get the message and ended up slamming into the back of them.  40 something people died in that accident.  
Anyway, those stories were really sad, but it was really interesting trying to find out things that have happened around here. 

Today Brinley started to feel a little better.  When Roger woke up, he took us all to go outside and get some fresh air.  We decided to go to the Corrine Park.  We love that Park because it has a fun merry-go-round and teeter-totters.  Those are two things that they don't usually have on playgrounds anymore.  I thought it would be especially nice for Brinley to get out and get some fresh air.  The fresh air was nice, but Brinley didn't really have energy to do much. 
We got a nice new Frisbee and a Boomerang to play with.  The Boomerang was frustrating.  I couldn't figure out the right way to throw it so it would come back to me.  And, of course, Roger had it figured out in no time.
 Brinley played on the playground for a little bit.  It wasn't very long though.  She was feeling really tired.  Parker and Alissa played on the teeter-totter for a little bit before Alissa ran over to the field to play Frisbee with Roger. Then, Parker played on the merry-go-round.
 Brinley, pretty much, spent the rest of the time sitting here and watching everybody play.  I feel bad that she is still feeling sick.  I really hope she gets feeling better soon.


Brinley was looking really tired and I could tell she was ready to go home and sleep, so, we gathered out things and headed home.  We came home and ate a yummy dinner of chicken, potatoes, gravy, and corn.
We all had a really nice day together, besides the fact that Brinley is sick.

Alissa is excited for school tomorrow, because it is the start of the new trimester and she finally had a class with her friend, Erin.  They have P.E. together.  She is going to have a hard time waking up though, since the time changed today.  Daylight savings time in the spring is a hard one to adjust to.

No comments:

Post a Comment