Saturday, March 28, 2015

Bothwell Easter Egg Hunt - March 28, 2015

Saturday - March 28th
Simon came with us to the Easter egg hunt.  The kids were so excited when we got there.  They were really hyper and had a lot of energy they needed to get out.  There was a little petting zoo.  We walked through and looked at the animals, then the kids ran over to play on the playground until the egg hunt started.

 They didn't get to play for very long before it was time to go line up for the Easter egg hunting fun.  Alissa was extremely disappointed to realize that the Easter egg hunt was only for kids 11 years old and under.  She was so bummed.  We thought, for sure, that it went up to age 12.  Simon is 12 years old also, but he is shorter, so we knew he could get away with it.  Alissa is taller and too many people there know her, so she knew she couldn't fake it.

 When they started hunting, Alissa said that she was going to just take one.  She was really funny, looking around to make sure no one was watching as she quickly snatched an egg.  When she opened it up, she felt a little guilty because she managed to grab one of the eggs that had money in it.  She got a dollar.  I told her not to worry about it.  She's funny.
 Brinley was so excited and she got busy right away, grabbing as many eggs as she could.  Parker, went racing out there, then turned around and came back to me.  I think he was feeling overwhelmed.  He came back all upset, saying that he didn't know what to do.  I calmed him down and pointed him to a large area that was filled with lots of eggs and no kids.  He was happy about that, so he ran over, got Brinley, then they raced over to get the eggs in the area where no one had been yet.

 It didn't take long before Simon found them and a few other kids noticed too.  They were still able to get a lot of eggs from that area.

 There were a ton of eggs, so the hunt went on for a long time.
 When the crowds started to thin out a little, Alissa went over to join them.  She was getting bored of just standing on the side and watching.  I told her that it wouldn't be bad if she went out there and walked around with them, so that's what she did.


 When they were finished, Simon and Parker raced back over to me.

 We took our eggs over to the bowery, where they had cookies for everybody and the tables for the kids to look at all of the goods that they got.  They asked everybody to empty their eggs and leave the empty eggs in a box on the way out.
 when we finished eating our cookies and emptying our eggs into our bags, we went back over to the playground to play.

We had a really fun morning.  We came home from the Easter Egg hunt, I finished making my grocery list, gathered my things and headed to Walmart to do my grocery shopping.  The kids spent the rest of the day relaxing.  Roger woke up and relaxing was all he wanted to do today also.  So, they all had a nice relaxing afternoon.  I usually come home from grocery shopping with a headache, because I get so stressed out.  I was determined not to get stressed this time.  I did my best to stay relaxed and not stress myself out.  I didn't rush myself, so I ended up being gone shopping for like four hours.  But, it worked.  I went shopping, got all the groceries we needed, bought our Easter stuff, and still made it home without a headache.

I keep hearing a weird cracking sound coming from the ceiling in the kitchen or the wall behind me.  I can't figure out what it is.  I keep thinking that it sounds like something is breaking and eventually the ceiling is going to come crashing down.  I really hope I'm wrong.  I only hear the cracking once or twice a day.  Sometimes it cracks loudly once or there are two or three smaller cracks.  It's a mystery.  I love mysteries!  So, I'm not upset at all, I'm just really curious.  I'll let you know if the ceiling caves in or if we figure out what the strange sound is.

No comments:

Post a Comment