Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy April Fools! - April 1, 2015

Wednesday - April 1st
I am loving April Fool's day more and more.  I just love to play dumb funny little pranks.  I think it is so funny.  So, before I went to bed last night, I prepared a few pranks for the kids to enjoy this morning.  Last night, as I was putting the kids to bed, Alissa asked me to wake her up first, so she could prank Brinley and Parker.  She wanted to go in their room with me and wake them up, telling them that we slept in and Brinley was going to miss the bus.  In the morning, she realized it was more believable if I did that.  so, I woke Brinley up and told her she was going to be late if she didn't hurry and get up.  She whined a little and said, "I'll just go late then."  and rolled back over to sleep some more.  She woke up when Alissa and I were laughing and telling her April fools.
We all got out of bed after that and came downstairs.  I said that I really wanted to think of a prank to do on their dad when he got home.  The kids helped me figure out what to do.  We decided to leave the lights out, hide, then wait until he came in and flipped on a light, and then we'd jump out and yell, "Surprise!"  He was definitely surprised.  He said he could tell we were down here, but it looked like the kids were just having a hard time waking up and they were laying under the blankets sleeping.  We thought we were pretty funny.  After that, we all went in the kitchen to get some breakfast.  Roger was the first person to look for a spoon.
 I hid the silverware in the dishwasher and put some cookies in their place.
There is some of our old silverware in the top drawer behind the cookies, so Roger just grabbed on of those.  Brinley is the one who started searching.  If it weren't for Alissa sitting at the table and glancing over when Brinley opened the dishwasher, Brinley would have been searching a lot longer.  The kids though it was funny.  I think part of what made it fun, was that I thought I was so funny, so I was laughing every time they found something and I said, "April Fools!"  I really didn't do that many pranks, but we had fun with the ones I did.
 I stuffed toilet paper in the bottoms of their shoes, so when they put them on, their shoes wouldn't fit.  I also filled their shoes with fake flowers.
 I colored our milk yellow, pink, and blue.  I also made Jello in cups with straws, so I could offer the kids some kool-aid and they would be surprised to find it is jello.  I did that one last year and they remembered.  They still thought it was fun.
 I took all of Brinley's stuff out of her backpack and turned it inside out.  I was going to do that to Alissa's also, but she had way too much stuff in hers.  So, Brinley was the only one who got to enjoy that prank.  She loved it though.  She, figured out a way to keep it inside out and wear it to school that way.

 Here's Brinley showing us the flowers from her shoes.
 I put card games in Parker's shoes.
 I also flipped a bunch of the pictures on the walls upside down.  It was late start, so Alissa had some time to relax and play the computer before school.  Since Alissa was doing that, Parker decided to play Minecraft.
 Here's Alissa, chillin' at the "puter" (that's what she called it when she was little).
 At lunch time, Parker and I decided to drink some milk.  I had the last of the yellow milk and some of the blue milk, so my milk was green.  Parker had blue milk, but he wanted to have strawberry milk.  When I added the strawberry syrup, Parker's milk turned purple.  Yummy, yummy!
I had a bunch of tricks that I wanted to play on Roger, but none of them worked out.  I bought a window cling that made it look like a rock smashed into your window and broke it.  But, I couldn't get it to stick on the truck window and it didn't look very realistic.  I was going to put a sign on the back of the truck that read - 
Honk, wave, and yell, "Hi Roger!"
He doesn't know this is on here.
Happy April Fool's Day!
I didn't get to do this prank because I realized that I didn't have any tape that was safe to use on the truck.  I was also going to move the truck and park it on the side of the building so it wouldn't be there when we walked outside to run our errands today.  That one didn't work, because I waited to long to do it.  I thought that I was supposed to wake Roger up at 2:00pm, but he woke himself up and was down here in the living room at 2:00pm.  I had planned to move the truck, then go wake him up, but since he woke himself up, I didn't have the truck moved in time.  It would have been funny, but oh well.  I'll try again next year.

We all had fun with April Fool's Day.  Anytime we did something weird or funny, we said, "April Fool's!"  It was fun.  Oh!  I almost forgot.  Alissa pranked Brinley before they went to bed.  She went in Brin's room and told her that, mom had forgot to tell us, but she got a letter from the school explaining that they are canceling spring break this year.  Brinley was pretty sad about that, but Alissa didn't let her be sad for too long before she told her "April Fool's!"

Another funny of the day:  A week or two ago, I started a water fight with Roger.  He warned me that it is not over.  So, while I was fixing his lunch for him to take to work, Alissa said something about a water fight and Roger getting me back.  As she was saying that, Roger came in the kitchen to get a drink.  I got panicky because I thought he heard what Alissa was saying and I thought he was going to throw his water on me.  He said, he hadn't been planning on it until I started panicking about it.  I grabbed my phone and showed him that I was putting my expensive phone in my pocket, so he should not throw water on me.  He managed to get the phone away from me and pour his water over my head.  Then he turned to fill his water up again.  I ran to stand beside his computer, hoping that would save me.  He ended up pushing me away from the computer and getting me again.  He got me really good.  The water fight didn't end there.  He followed me back in the kitchen.  I was laughing so hard, that I had to go to the bathroom.  He followed me in the bathroom and kept throwing water on me so I couldn't go.  I ended up getting soaked and he only had a few drops of water on him.
It was funny though.  We had fun and we laughed a lot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment