Saturday, September 2, 2017

Earthquake - September 2, 2017

Saturday - September 2nd

Earlier today, we got to experience an earthquake.  It was pretty exciting.  We were excited to have felt it and got to experience it, since it wasn't too big and scary.  The center of the earthquake was in Idaho, near Lava Hot Springs.  The earthquake happened there at 5:56pm (actually, they had a smaller one at 5:55pm, then the biggest one at 5:56pm, and plenty of after shocks that we did not feel) and we felt it here at 5:57pm.  We know what time we felt it, because we looked back on our security video in the kitchen to see if we could see anything moving.  You can barely tell, but the fan moves and the video cut out for a second.
I was downstairs looking for something in the closet when the house shook and made a creaking sound.  I all of the sudden felt really dizzy.  As I stood there feeling like I was going to fall over, I grabbed the door to steady myself and tried to decide if I had just imagined that or if it had really happened.  I quickly realized it had to have happened, why else would I all of the sudden feel motion sick.  Then I remembered the chandelier in the room.  I looked up at it and it was swaying back and forth.  The house definitely had shook.  I went to the family room to ask the kids if they felt that.  Alissa and Parker had been laying on the couch watching TV.  Parker thought Alissa had shook the couch.  Alissa thought she had just imagined it.  Brinley had come down right as I got in the family room.  She had been upstairs sitting on the toilet when it happened.  She said she felt it.  It almost shook her off the toilet.  She was scared, because she didn't know what had happened.  She got out of there as fast as she could to see what was going on.  We were all excited that we got to experience an earthquake and it was scary or really bad.  Brinley was really nervous after that, when Alissa mentioned after shocks.  I think it is funny that Brinley was on the toilet.  she's embarrassed about it, so she is going to leave that part out of the story when she tells her friends.  She's funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment