Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Train - September 7, 2017

Thursday - September 7th

We needed to get Forest tired.  He was being a stinker, because he had too much energy, so Alissa and I decided to take him for a walk.  Parker said that he wanted to go with, but was going to ride his bike.  When I let Brinley know we were going, she said she wanted to come also.  Then I went to tell Roger we were all going and he decided he would come too.  He was finishing something up on the computer, so we waited outside for him for a little while.  Alissa is getting really good with her singing and Ukulele playing, so she was outside playing a song.  She had decided she was going to take it on the walk with us.  I loved the idea of having someone provide the music for our walk, so of course, I said yes.  While we were waiting, she noticed her flag sitting in the garage and remembered she is marching in a parade on Saturday, so she decided to take the flag instead.  That way she could practice.  Brinley and I were bummed not to have her music on our walk, but liked the idea of feeling like we are in our own parade.  Brinley carried the ukulele and pretended to play it.  I put Alissa's parade music on my phone and that was the music we listened to.  Roger finally came outside and we headed on our walk.  It was fun having the music and Alissa doing her routine.  At one point, on the way back, a little girl, standing in her doorway, got so excited as we passed.  She ran in and told her parents to come and see.  It was funny to have an audience for a little bit.
We like to walk on a road that is next to the train tracks.  Roger is always saying he wishes we could be there when a train is passing.  But we always miss it.  I took Forest on a walk by myself one day and the train came while I was out.  But, it hasn't come when Roger's been there.  But today, was our day!  The train passed while we were there!  It's not super exciting, but it's still fun.  We waved as the train went by and the train driver honked his horn and waved back.  It was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment