Sunday, October 21, 2018

My 40th Birthday - October 20 - 21, 2018

Sunday - October 20th and 21st

Roger planned an amazing party for me for my 40th birthday.  He did a really good job at keeping it a surprise.  Apparently he has been planning this party since June or July.  I really had no idea.  Everybody thought for sure I had to know, but I really didn't have any idea.  I'm pretty oblivious to a lot of stuff around me, so it's pretty easy to surprise me. Lol.
On Saturday, we left the kids at Linda's house to have her watch them, so we could celebrate my birthday.  I really had no idea what to expect.  Also, Linda asked me to make her some cupcakes for a wedding she was helping out with this weekend, so I dropped those off at her house.
Roger and I went to a hotel!  Yea!  I was so excited that we were having an overnight party for me.  Woot woot!  We chillaxed in the hotel room for a couple of hours.  It was nice.  We watched some funny Fail Army videos and enjoyed the yummy chocolates.
Roger told me that he wanted to walk around the neighborhood I grew up in with me.  That is totally something I would have loved to do with him, so I was excited.  He parked in the church parking lot, then said that he needed to go to the bathroom before we start our walk.  He said, lets check to see if any doors are open.  That's when I realized that there was probably a surprise party waiting inside for me.  I was so excited!  It was so fun to walk in and have everybody yell "Surprise!" and "Happy Birthday!"  I've always dreamed of that happening.
There was lots of pizza and ice cream.  The cupcakes Linda needed for a wedding, were actually for me.  The only bummer with that, was that they wanted black sprinkles on them and the only black sprinkles I could find were the sugar sprinkles and I think those are yucky.  As I was putting them on the cupcakes, I was thinking about the poor wedding party who would be eating these cupcakes that could have been so much better if they had only chose different sprinkles.
The party was totally me.  It was next to my childhood home, in the church I went to while growing up.  The church I had my wedding reception in.  There was basketball, Karaoke, friends and family, and lots of ice cream.




 





October 21st.  I'm 40!  That's crazy!  I used Snapchat so I could look super cute in my birthday pictures.  Lol.
We went to Walmart.  I bought some fun Halloween decorations and we had fun in the Halloween costume isle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment