Friday, January 4, 2002

A Funny Story About My Nephew Benjamin - January 4, 2002

Friday - January 4th
I changed my social security card today.  I also went to the library.  I've been feeling really tired a lot lately, so today I relaxed a lot.  I talked to my mom today and she told me a funny/scary story about Benjamin.  Somehow he got a hold of a candle that was burning on the counter.  Benjamin is in his terrible twos right now.  Shelley was in another room when she smelled something burning.  She ran downstairs to see what it was.  When she got down there, she saw that Ben had started a loaf of bread and a pile of napkins on fire.  She just happened to have a wet wash rag in her hand, so she used that to quickly smother the flames and put out the fire.  I just thought that was kinda funny and really scary.  I'm terrified of the house catching on fire or something horrible like that happened.  I'm glad that Ben was okay and that Shelley was able to put the fire out so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment