Friday, January 11, 2002

Positive Pregnancy Test - January 10, 2002

Thursday - January 10th
I went to a Mary Kay Party Tonight.  I don't love those, but my friend Marque was throwing it, so I thought it wouldn't be terrible, since my friends would be there.  I don't really like to wear make up, so these parties are that exciting for me.  Anyway.  We had fun.  After the party Lindsay and Marque went country line dancing and Regan and I went to see the movie 'Serendipity'.  I loved it.  It was a cute movie and I want to buy it when it comes out on video.  
I spent a lot of time at the library today looking at books about pregnancy.  I was reading to find out what are the symptoms that people experience that lets them know they are pregnant.  I have a lot of those symptoms.  I bought a pregnancy test.  There were two tests in the package.  It says on the instructions that the best time to do it is in the morning, but since there were two, I didn't want to wait.  I figured, I'll take one tonight, then the other one in the morning.  I think I drank a lot of water today and the package said that would affect the test result.  So, I waited for two hours with no drinking and no peeing (and I really needed to pee.  I held it for 2 hours, though), then I took the test.  Roger and I set a timer.  When it went off, we both raced to the bathroom to see what it said.  If I am pregnant, there should be 2 lines.  If not, there will be only 1.  When I first glanced at it I saw only one line, but when I looked closer, I saw two.  One line was really hard to see.  Roger thought that meant I was not pregnant.  I've seen a negative pregnancy test before and you can not see the line at all.  We debated about it for a little while then decided it was positive.  I had heard that the line is very hard to see.  I have also heard of others having the same experience, where they were unsure because it was hard to see the line.  I know I'm pregnant!  I can feel it!  I'm going to take the other test first thing in the morning to make sure.  Too many weird things have been going on in my body.  If I'm not pregnant, then I must be ill, because my body is acting weird.  Roger is really excited that I am pregnant.  He went to his friend, Jason's Bachelor party tonight.  It is 12:37am and he is still not home.  He should be home shortly though.  I miss him.  It's weird when we both go off and do our own things.  I'm so used to having him with me.  We always hang out together.  So, tonight was different.  But, I had fun and I'm sure he is having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment