Saturday, January 12, 2013

We're Sick and Wall Art - January 12, 2013

Saturday - January 12, 2013
We have been sick a lot this month.  It's yucky!  So we haven't done too much.... just a lot of sitting around the house feeling icky.  I've hardly taken any pictures.
The only highlight was that my sister, Shelley, came and stayed for the weekend. That was nice.  I felt bad, though, because I wasn't a lot of fun.  I was extremely tired the whole time she was here and I couldn't get myself motivated to do anything.  I was tired from the lack of sleep when I was taking care of my sick children last week and also tired because I was getting sick.  I was sooo.... sick yesterday!  It was horrible!
We keep these maps hanging up in our kitchen.  I'm surprised at how often we use them.  I've never liked the way they looked taped to the wall.  Well, I had an idea!  I decided to turn them into art!  The only problem was that I ran out of mod podge and I haven't been to the store to get any more so I can finish my project.  I was only able to get one map turned into art.  At least this way you can see how I had the map hanging on the wall before I turned it into art.  I will make the other one beautiful as soon as I get the chance.
 At our old house, we had a wall that we designated for marking our heights on the wall.  When we moved, I was so sad that we had to leave it behind.  I used a papers to taped together to trace the heights and names with the plan to recreate something that I could mark our heights on and it could move with us, until we get settled somewhere again.  This was my idea.  It doesn't look as amazing as I had envisioned it, but it's not bad and it does the job.  It had been a year and a half since I marked any of the kids' heights.  It's also fun to see the heights of their friends and people that we used to babysit.  We're happy to have our height wall again!
The craziest thing is that Alissa only has 3 more inches to grow until she is as tall as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment