Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wedding Cake - January 2, 2013

Wednesday - January 2, 2013
After my mom passed away, I quit cake decorating.  I just had no desire to ever cake decorate again.  I don't fully understand why I felt the way I did about cake decorating.  I think it was because I learned everything I know from my mom and I guess I always felt like that was our thing...  so cake decorating after she was gone, was just too sad and painful for me.
A friend of mine had a daughter who was getting married and I really wanted to help her out if I could, so I volunteered to make a wedding cake for them.  I was a little unsure about it.  I wanted to help, but I was still feeling hesitant about cake decorating.  So I did the cake and it turned out really nice...and...I loved doing it!  I'm all better!  I can cake decorate again!  And I'm excited about it!  Here are some pictures of the cake.



And here it is on it's stand at the wedding reception. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stepped out of the comfort zone, this cake was lovely, one of the cutest I have seen in a long time. You did a wonderful job! Your Mom would be proud! I am sure she brought her heavenly friends with her, pointed at this cake and said, "My Daughter did That, Isn't she amazing"! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are cake decorating again. You have always been so good at it. I have always been majorly jealous of it actually haha.

    ReplyDelete