Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Fun and a Broken TV - January 27 - 28, 2013

Sunday - January 27, 2013
We had a really big snow storm today.  It was so fun!  It was Sunday, so we got dressed in our Sunday clothes then bundled up and headed to church.  We really didn't think we were even going to make it out of the driveway because of the snow, but we decided to try.  We ended up making it out of the driveway and all the way to church.  When we got there they announced that they were trying to decide if they should cancel church or not because of the weather.  They decided to go ahead and have sacrament meeting, but explained that they would let us know after the meeting if they would cancel the rest of church.  After sacrament meeting, they decided to cancel the rest of the meeting, so we wouldn't get snowed in.
We got stuck trying to pull into the driveway.  That was frustrating, because Roger got out and asked me to drive while he pushed.  I wasn't sure what his plan was to get the car unstuck.  I needed him to explain, "Okay, so we're going to do this, then that, then you do this, and I do that, and we'll get the car in the driveway."  Instead, I climbed in the driver seat and he barked orders at me.  Then when I didn't do it right, he'd get frustrated with me.  It was a very frustrating situation.  As soon as someone else came by and offered to help, I was out of there.  I'm very thankful for the man who stopped and for my neighbor who also came over to help.  We got the car in the driveway and we were able to spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the snow.
The kids couldn't wait to run out and play in it!  We kept day dreaming about if the snow didn't stop and they canceled school the next day.  It was fun to dream, but a big fat bummer when it didn't come true.  Here are my scrapbook pages from that day.












Monday - January 28, 2013
We have an old TV that quit working.  It was really old and needed to be thrown away.  Roger doesn't like to simply throw things away...... He thinks it is a ton of fun to break them apart first.  He thought it would be a lot of fun to break the TV into lots of pieces before throwing it in the trash.  We didn't really have anything else going on, so I thought it would be fun also.  Roger and Parker took it mostly apart, before we took it outside to smash.  When the glass shattered, it was really loud and it made a big mess, but it was still fun.  I hadn't realized what a mess it would make.  I'm pretty sure Roger hadn't thought of that either.  Since Roger made the mess, he was nice enough to take the broom outside and clean it all up when we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment