Friday, January 18, 2013

Teddy Bear Day - January 18, 2013

Friday - January 18, 2013
On January 18th Brinley's class had teddy bear day.  They got to bring their favorite stuffed animal to school.  Brinley picked the biggest stuffed animal that we have.  It looked really funny when we stuffed it in her backpack.
A funny thing just happened.  The power went out for a little while, then turned back on.  Parker was in the bath, Brinley was in her bedroom, and Alissa was downstairs in her bedroom.  I was upstairs in the hallway by the bathroom when it went out.   Brinley and Parker both started to scream.  Parker was yelling, "What's happening?"  I told them to calm down as I went towards Brinley's room.  I asked her to come towards my voice.  She jumped up and ran to me.  As she was hurrying towards me, she tripped on a box.  She immediately started to cry again.  Parker started screaming again at this point also.  Then I remembered that Alissa was downstairs all by herself with no light.  I was trying to remember where a flashlight was when the power came back on.  I went downstairs to check on Alissa.  She was fine.  She had been playing the tablet, so she had a light with her.  She thought her brother or sister had been playing a trick on her, so she wasn't very scared, just a little confused.  she couldn't figure out how they had snuck in and turned off her light and got out of her room so quickly and quietly.  Their reactions to it all were just so funny.  Now I can't get them to leave my side and go to bed.  I have some funny children!
Another thing that has happened this month is that I taught the young women in our ward some cake decorating.  Next week, I will be teaching the young women in our old ward.  I'm really happy to be cake decorating again.  I have a lot of ideas for some cakes I want to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment