Friday, October 30, 2015

Trunk-or-Treat - October 30, 2015

Friday - October 30th
Today the kids got to have crazy hair day at school.  They look super cool!  Alissa has a spider web in her hair and Parker and Brinley have their hair sprayed with color.  Brinley's hair is supposed to be in a mow-hawk, but it didn't stay up very well.  She was happy with it though, so that's good.



After school, the kids changed in to their Halloween costumes and we went to the trick-or-treat around town event.  Heather and her kiddos met us there.



Alissa trip on the steps on the way up to this building.  I felt bad for her.  It hurt her shin pretty bad.  It's hard for her to see with this big funny mask on.
We went home to drop off our candy, so we could have empty trick-or-treat bags to take to the trunk-or-treats tonight.  The Thatcher/Penrose Trunk-or-treat was first.  Heather is in thee Thatcher 1st ward, so we went with her to this.  Here's Parker chillin' in the car before all the trunk-or-treating started.
As soon as the trunk-or-treat ended in Thatcher, we hurried over to Bothwell to attend their trunk-or-treat.  The 7th ward (that we lived in for the last few years) meets in the Bothwell church.  The kids had fun playing on the playground before it all started.  This trunk-or-treat was a lot more fun for them, since they have lots of friend from the ward that were here.


I did an embarrassing thing when the trunk-or-treat was over.  I put the keys in the ignition, but I didn't start the car yet.  I turned the key slightly so I could listen to the radio.  I don't do that very often.  When the kids finally finished, I had them get in the car so we could go.  Because the music was playing, I thought the car was running.  I put it into gear and tried to go.  Of course. nothing happened because the car wasn't on.  I realized it wasn't on, so, I turned the key to start it.  Nothing happened!  I was so frustrated.  I had no idea how we were going to get home and I was so frustrated that the car broke down on me.  We asked someone in the ward for help.  They assumed it was the battery and pulled up to give us a jump start.  I got in the car and tried to start it.  Nothing happened!  I was really frustrated.  The guy helping us, finally suggested that maybe it would start if I put the car in neutral.  When I went to put the car in neutral, I noticed that it was in drive.  I had put it in drive, when I thought the car was on and forgot to put it back in park when I tried to start it.  That's why it wouldn't start.  I felt so stupid!  I was too embarrassed to tell them what I had done.  The car started when I put it into neutral like the guy suggested.  I was relieved that the car was finally working and I was happy to be heading home.  I just felt really stupid for being the whole cause of the car not starting.  Good times!
We got a lot of candy and the kids had lots of fun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment