Saturday, October 17, 2015

Moving Day! - October 17, 2015

Saturday - October 17th
The move went really well.  Much better than expected.  I called and asked anybody and everybody I could think of to help us, but I really worried if anybody would show up.  I'm so glad my worries were unfounded.
We woke up early and started loading the U-Haul ourselves.  We were still concerned that no one would show up and we knew we'd need to get started extra early if we were going to be moving on our own.  At 9:00am, the missionaries came over.  They were asked to help another family in the area move at 9, then they were coming to our house at 10.  The other family wasn't there and they weren't answering their door.  Since they saw us out they came over to help us instead.  Those 2 missionaries did a lot of work.  They moved soooo.... much  stuff on their own.  It was so nice!  When 10 o' clock rolled around, people stared showing up to help.  We were surprised by all the people that came; a lot of people from the 7th ward, some friends, Roger's brother Todd surprised us, and some people from our new ward showed up.  We didn't expect that.  It was so nice!   



 With all the help we had, we had the whole house loaded up and ready to go by 11:00am.  It was actually a little before 11:00.  We were all getting ready to go, when a truck with a trailer full of stuff pulled into the parking lot and 2 ladies got out to unload it.  They were moving in to the town houses.  All the men decided to hurry and help them unload their stuff before we took all of our stuff to our new house.  Anyway, I took this picture at 11:04am, right before everybody pulled out and headed to our new house.
 When we got to our new house, there were even more people there waiting to help us.  There were so many people!  The U-Haul and trucks were all unloaded before noon.  The Beverlys were running late and everything was pretty much unloaded by the time they got here.  They had even brought a nephew or someone with them to help make the move go faster.  They were so surprised at all that we had gotten done and at how many people were here helping us.  It really was a surprise and it was so nice!  Last night, I just knew nobody would show up to help.  I was sure of it.  I'm so glad I was wrong.




I'm so happy to be in our new home!  It's going to be a lot of work, unpacking and getting everything all ready, but I'm excited and so happy for it.  I never want to move again after this.  I love this house too much!  We will be just fine here.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment