Friday, November 23, 2018

Alissa Got a Job! - November 23, 2018

Friday - November 23rd

Brinley took these funny pictures.  I added her to my google photos sharing, so I get all of the pictures she takes and she gets all of the pictures I take.  She takes a ton of screen shots and always has a lot of pictures.  It's a little overwhelming.  I think I need to find a new way to share our photos.
Alissa got a job at Dominos.  She took these selfies of herself in her work shirt.  I'm so happy for her to finally have a job.  She had been waiting for so long to finally have a way to make money.  She has been dreaming of the day when she could finally have more independence and it is finally with in reach.  she feels like it took forever for her to find a job.  I don't think she applied at too many places before getting this job.  She was just so impatient, that it seemed like it took forever.  I don't remember when her first day of work was, but she is just really happy to have gotten a job.  She had a rough first day.  They were not prepared for her to be there I guess.  One person would give her a task to do, then they'd disappear.  When she'd finish, she wouldn't know what to do or who to ask what to do.  She just felt confused and frustrated.  She felt like she was in the way and everybody was annoyed with her because she kept asking them what she was supposed to do.  I could tell she really didn't want to go back to work the next day, but she didn't say it.  I prayed so hard that her second day would be better and they would actually assign someone to train her and show her what her job would be (like they do at most places).  Thankfully, my prayers were answered ans they did things right on her second night.  She came home feeling much better about things and she actually understood what her job was and what she was expected to do.  I was so relieved.  It didn't take her long to get the hang of things and she is loving her job now.  They were going through a weird transition when she got hired on.  they were firing a bunch of people and hiring a lot of new people.  she was one of the first of the new hires, that's why things were not prepared for her on her first night.
Anyway, I'm so glad it got better for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment