Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving - November 22, 2018

Thursday - November 22nd

Goofy Parker hanging from the wall.  He's funny.  He's getting so tall and growing so fast, it's crazy!
These pictures were taken yesterday.  I was relaxing by the fire and he realized he could reach up there and he let himself hang from the wall, so he yelled for me to hurry and take his picture before he fell.  He's funny.
Roger's mom came to spend the night so she could be here in the morning to help with all the Thanksgiving preparations.  Roger's family came to celebrate Thanksgiving at our house this year.
I think they knew we wouldn't come, so they called Roger and asked if we would host this year.  We have had a hard time with Roger's family.  A big horrible thing (that is not my story to tell) happened and we have not been visiting his family anymore.  It's sad, because the kids never get to see their cousins anymore.  I feel bad about that, but it's so hard on Roger to see his family.  He goes to the get togethers feeling good and confident and comes home feeling so low.  It makes me so sad to see him like that.  We haven't seen his family in a long time, so I was unsure how today would go.  It wasn't bad.  The family members that were part of the big horrible thing that happened, chose not to come.  That was kind of a relief.  We wouldn't have been upset if they had come, but it would have been awkward.  Here's the before pictures.
I always feel a little awkward with his family, so I didn't take any pictures or videos.  I was busy with other things and really didn't even think of it.
It was nice having Roger's mom here in the morning.  She helped out a lot.  Everybody who came did.  This was not stressful for me at all.  That was nice.  I had been a little overwhelmed, but when it came right down to it, I had a lot of help and my job was made a lot easier because of that.
Over all it was a good day.  The only bad was the headache that I got shortly after we ate.  The good thing was that we were home, so I just took some Advil, then went and laid down for about a half an hour, then my head ache was gone and I was able to go back out and mingle with our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment