Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Two Kids Got Hit by a Car in the Crosswalk at Parker's School - November 28, 2018

Wednesday - November 24th - 28th

November 24th pictures of Brinley chillaxin in her room.  These are the pictures I end up with when I'm sharing my google photos with Brinley.  Lol.  She's cute.  I love my Brinley.
 A Snapchat photo I took on November 25th.  I'm a dork.
 Alissa shares her photos with me also.  She doesn't take as many and she has to add them to the folder that we share, so I don't get pictures from her all the time.  Here are some Alissa selfies taken on November 27th.
 On November 28th, while Brinley and I were outside Parker's school, waiting for him to come out, 2 boys got hit by a truck in this cross walk in front of us.  We didn't witness it happening, because we had both turned out heads toward the school to see if Parker was coming yet.  When we turned our heads back, we saw a truck stopped on the crosswalk (instead of before it).  A kid ran out from in front of it and picked up a back pack and went running back in front of the truck.  It looked like he was reaching down toward someone.  I was staring, trying to figure out what was going on.  As he got out of my sight and back in front of the truck, I saw a mom, had pulled over to the side of the road and she came racing out of her van and running toward the front of the truck, waving her arms and telling all the traffic around to stop.  That's when it clicked in my brain that the truck had just hit some kids in the cross walk.  That crosswalk is dangerous.  Kids don't seem to understand street safety anymore.  I see them walk across the street without checking both ways all the time.  Parents that are picking their kids up from school are always too consumed with what they are doing and they are usually in a hurry.  I've seen parents speed through the crosswalk area with out looking to see if kids are there.  The law is, that if there is a person in the crosswalk area, you are supposed to stop and wait for them to cross.  I've seen kids on the street at the crosswalk, just about to cross, and parents go zooming past, completely oblivious to the fact that there are kids there waiting to cross.
There was a story on the news recently about a woman claiming she had the right of way as she tried to plow through a crosswalk where a crossing lady was.  Somebody had recorded the interaction, so we all got to see it.  The crossing guard was in the middle of the road with her stop sign up.  A group of kids were on the side of the road just starting to cross.  The lady started to drive through anyway.  The crossing guard is yelling for the kids to stop and telling the lady that she needs to stop because kids are trying to cross the road.  The lady in the vehicle was very rude and yelled back, insisting that she had the right of way, as she kept slowly driving through and kind of pushing her way past the crossing guard who was trying to stop her.
The top picture is of the scene in front of us after the cops arrived.  An Ambulance showed up shortly after that.
The bottom picture is Brinley pouring herself some milk, so she has something to cool her mouth down after she eats a jalapeno.

 More Brinley and Alissa selfies.  The selfie Alissa too of herself in the bath with soap bubbles covering her face is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment