Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Birthday - October 21st

Sunday - October 21, 2012
My Birthday was on a Sunday this year, so we all woke up early and headed to church.  Roger works graveyard shifts so he stayed home to sleep.  When we came home from church, we were so surprised to see that Roger hadn't gone to sleep, instead he stayed awake and decorated the house for my birthday.  When we walked through the door, he was standing there with some noise makers and yelled, "Happy Birthday!"  It was so fun!  I love that he did that for me!  It was fun to see how he decorated.
  Roger was tired, so he went to bed while the kids and I decorated my cake.  I decorated it first then let the kids take over and make it really pretty.  Alissa wrote "Happy Birthday" and Parker wrote "Mom".   The finished cake looks good!  I think the kids did a great job!
There are a lot of blobs on the cake because of a funny joke that I ended up starting earlier in the day.  In primary we sang, 'I Love to See the Temple'.  One line in the song goes, "This is my sacred duty."  Every time somebody talks about their duty in church, I feel bad, because my brain starts thinking about their doody or poop.  After Roger surprised me, I was talking to him about it and asking if he ever does the same thing.  Alissa came down and heard us talking about duties and we started joking about how Alissa is our doody.  We joked and laughed for a while about all the doodies we have.  When we were decorating the cake Alissa made a blob on the cake and laughed about putting doody on the cake.  Parker and Brin thought it was funny so they added a few doodies of their own.  We had a lot of fun decorating the cake.  It was funny when they put special doodies on the cake for me.












 When Roger woke up, we had cake and ice cream.  After that we ate cheese-ball and watched a Christmas movie.  It was a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment