Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Making Cookies - October 2, 2012

Tuesday - October 2, 2012
Roger and I decided that, since it is hard to find a babysitter, we will go on dates every Monday while the kids are at school. For our date yesterday, we went to Logan for lunch and to do some shopping. I desperately needed new clothes, but I don't like clothes shopping. I feel like it is such a hassle and I have a hard time finding things that look nice. This is the first time Roger has ever come clothes shopping with me. My shopping trip went so much better than normal with Roger there. Roger found some clothes that he thought I would like, so he threw them in my pile of clothes for me to try on. He did that all through out the store. What ended up happening was that every piece of clothing I bought was something that Roger picked out. I decided that I am terrible at clothes shopping. That's why I have never enjoyed it, because I get things that I think I will like, I spend forever trying them on and I am always disappointed. Since Roger threw clothes in my pile, there were a lot of clothes that actually looked good, which made the shopping much more enjoyable. So, I will never go clothes shopping on my own again. I have no sense of style and I know it.
After our shopping, we went to eat at Cafe Rio.  I tried a salad with pork something.  It was really yummy.  Then we went to Sam's Club.  Roger and I have been planning on getting new phones.  We want to have the same phone.  So, we stopped to look at phones.  We found one we liked, then we went to the Verizon store and found out a little more about it.  Roger bought his phone.  My contract doesn't end until the 7th of October, so I will get my phone after that.  I'm excited to have a smart phone.
The kids wanted to make sugar cookies today.  They love to roll out the dough and use the cookie cutters.  I divided the dough between us, so we each had our own.  Here are some pictures of our fun.

I woke up feeling a little bit sick, so it was a rough morning.  I had a hard time getting moving today.  I didn't wake up to my alarms, so the kids didn't have a lot of time to get ready for school this morning.  Also, I haven't gone grocery shopping yet, so we didn't have anything to eat for breakfast.  I tried to convince the kids to eat breakfast at school, but they refused.  So, while they hurried to get ready, I hurried to the store to buy something for breakfast.  I decided to get doughnuts and chocolate milk.  I pulled in to the parking of the store the same time as 3 other cars.  One car was filled with teenagers.  The other, just a lady.  We all got out of our cars, hurried inside, and headed straight for the doughnuts.  That was annoying and funny. There were a lot of people waiting to get doughnuts.  I got the dougnuts and milk then hurried home.  We ate and I managed to get the kids to school on time. 
When I picked the kids up from school, they all told me about their horrible day.  Alissa got in trouble for not having her homework finished, so she had to stay inside during recess.  She was sad about that and she said the teacher got mad at her a lot today.  Parker was just fussy.  I'm not sure why.  I think he was just tired.  Brinley was sad, because there is a boy that keeps bullying her at recess.  Today he pulled her hair, then held her down and pulled it more, when she said she was going to tell.  Brinley's friend ran and got help.  The boy got in trouble and wasn't able to go to recess for the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment