Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sister's Fling - April 11-12, 2014

Friday - April 11, 2014
I got to go on a Sister's Fling with my sisters in Roger's family.  They did a sister's fling once before, but it was either right before Roger and I were married or I my kiddos were really little and I couldn't or didn't want to leave them.  Anyway.... we decided to start having a sister's fling every April from now on.
So, I got the kids off to school in the morning, then I quickly gathered my things and Roger drove me to meet Caroline at the Maverick near the freeway.  I loaded my stuff into Caroline's car, Roger headed home, and Caroline and I went on our way to start our fun weekend sister's Fling.  Before we met everybody, we stopped at a french restaurant.  Caroline bought a treat that she wanted to share with everyone.  Then we headed to a different french restaurant to meet everyone and have breakfast.  The food was really yummy and we had a lot of fun talking.  After breakfast, we had to find things to do for a little while before we headed to Park City where we were going to stay the night.  The Van Bibber's told us about a fun store in Draper, called Pirate-Os.  We spent a while there.  I bought the kids some fun stuff for Easter and a funny gift to give to Roger for Father's day.  When we finished there we went to IFA to look at the baby chicks.

 Caroline and I had a fun time trying to find where we were supposed to meet everyone when we go to Park City.  We had a GPS with us, but I was talking and not paying close attention and Caroline is used to having Scott with her navigating where she is going.  We missed our exit and had to head back.  Then we couldn't figure out where we were supposed to meet at the hotel.  It took us a while, but eventually, we figured it out.  We got all checked in.  Cindi was ready to get the food started cooking.  Caroline needed to buy some of the food that we needed for our dinner, so we went out to find a store.  there was a store in the hotel.  On our way to find that store, we passed a relaxation pool that was not full of kids and looked so inviting.  We decided that we would go swimming there instead of the big pool outside.  The store in the hotel was too small and too expensive.  They didn't have what we needed, so we had to find another place.  Melissa remembered a 7-Eleven that was just a Gondola ride away.  So, we headed out to find it.  When we got there, we learned that the Gondola costs money, to ride, but the Cabriolet is free.  So, we rode that down.  It dropped us off right by the store.  We bought what we needed and headed back up to the hotel.  It was really fun to ride on that thing.
 While dinner was cooking, we decided to go swimming.  We looked funny in our robes and Caroline with her shower cap on, so of course, we had to take a picture.
 When we finished swimming, Missy and I sat in the Sauna to dry off.  It felt so nice!  I didn't want to get out.  when we finally did get out, I couldn't cool down.  We got back to the hotel and I took a cold shower then I sat with a cold rag on my head.  Nothing was working!  My face was still red and I was still feeling hot after all of that.  So, I went to sit outside with my cold rag and a glass of cold water to see if that would help.  I took a picture of myself while I was sitting out there.  It was so crazy that it took me sooo.... long to cool down.
We ate our dinner then spent the rest of the evening playing games and talking.  The VanBibber's made up a funny game using plastic Easter eggs.  It was like truth or dare.  We had to pick an egg and read what the paper in the egg said.  One of the eggs had Melissa and Joyce arm wrestling.  That was pretty funny.  Joyce won.  Missy said, "Go" and Joyce won before we even had time to realize what had happened.  One of the eggs let Melissa choose someone to sing a love song out on the balcony.  I got stuck doing that one.  It was embarrassing, because the pool was right below us and there were lots of people out.  I picked an egg that asked if there was something that I could do that nobody else in the room could do and show them if possible.  I had a hard time thinking of something.  The thing that came to my mind is that I can talk with a Minnesota accent.  Nobody else could do that, so that  was fun.  And they all got a good laugh at how I talked.  They asked how I learned.  It's funny how I learned.  My friends and I, when we were in high school, went to see a movie called 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'.  It was a good dumb funny movie that took place in Minnesota.  When the movie ended and we were walking out of the theater, I turned to my friends to say something and it came out in a Minnesota accent.  I was so surprised!  I said, "Oh my gosh! I can't stop talking with a Minnesota accent."  My friends thought it was fun.  From that point on we talked with Minnesota accents a lot when we were around each other.  We still do it when we get together.  It's funny.

Saturday - April 12, 2014
We had a nice relaxing morning.  When it was time to check out, we loaded all our stuff out into the cars and headed to main street for breakfast.  Here is a picture of Missy and I on our walk to the restaurant.
 I can't remember the name of the restaurant.  The food tasted alright, but not great, and it was overpriced.  The waitress didn't come around much and became horrible at the end.  She put all our orders on the same ticket, then got fussy with us when we told her we needed them separated.  Then she added her gratuity onto the check, so she got a much larger tip than she deserved.  I probably wouldn't have left her anything because of her bad attitude at the end.  So, that was a little frustrating.
 After breakfast we walked to a candy store that was super expensive.  I paid too much money for some yummy treats.  Only one of the things I bought was worth it.  After that we decided to ride on the trolley while we decided what to do or where to go next.
 We decided to go to some other stores, but we needed to drive there.  so we got off the trolley and headed to our cars.  On the way we passed this bear and had Melissa Pose with it.  Tyler and her were going to go to a fancy dinner with Tyler's boss, so she wore her curlers, so she could get ready quickly when we were done.
 Jeanne, Melissa, and I had to leave at 3:00, so Melissa could get home and get ready for her dinner.  Roger met me at Tyler and Melissa'a house.  We left their house and went to a bowling alley in Draper where we were able to pick up our pass of all passes.  We thought we would bowl, but it wasn't covered with our passes, so we decided to find something else to do.
One day when the kids were complaining about the walk to the bus stop, Roger told them about how easy they had it compared to the walk Roger had to take.  Not only is their walk shorter, they don't have to walk it alone, like Roger did a lot of the time.  He told them that one day he would take us to his childhood home and we could walk the path that he took to go to school, so they could see how good they have it.  We decided that since we couldn't go bowling, maybe this would be a good time to take our walk.  The kids thought it would be fun and that way we could spend some time playing on the playground when we got to the school.  The walk wasn't that bad and the weather was nice, so we all enjoyed it.  Plus, Roger told us stories of his childhood and pointed out all of the places he used to play.  It was a lot of fun to hear his stories.  The kids had fun playing on the playground.  Then we found a ball and we all played four square for a while.  As we walked through Roger's old neighborhood, I couldn't help but feel jealous.  There were so many trees.  I love trees!  The neighborhood was so beautiful because of all the greenery around.  Tremonton hardly has any trees.  It should have more trees.  Especially since Tremonton starts out with the tree sound.  I'm just sayin'.  Also, I think snowville should be a beautiful town with lots of trees and it should have lots of snow.  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment