Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Decorating Easter Eggs, Alissa's Glasses, and Spring Pictures - April 23, 2014

Wednesday - April 23, 2014
We didn't get a chance to decorate Easter eggs before Easter.  I bought all of the stuff for it, but we just didn't get a chance to do it.  The kids had wanted to decorate eggs really bad.  So, even though Easter had passed, we decorated eggs.  Their friend, Sierra, came over to play and decorated a few eggs also.  

It turns out Alissa really did need glasses.  I feel really bad that it took us so long to figure it out.  Her eye sight is so bad, that she wouldn't be able to pass the eye exam to get her driver's license.  Poor girl.  She's happy to be able to see.  she can't wait for her glasses to arrive.  These are the ones she ordered, but it will take about a week to get here.
Every Spring, the school has another picture day.  As you can tell from Parker's pictures, the kids forgot to tell me it was picture day.  I would have had Parker wear a nicer shirt and I would have cut his hair.  Anyways, so they have a second picture day.  The difference between this picture day and the picture day at the first of the year, is that they give each kid a packet with all of the pictures in it.  If you want to keep these pictures you have to pay.  It's $14.00 per sheet and they send home 5 sheets (8x10, wallets, 5x7, and key chains printed in different shapes and sizes).  If you don't want to pay for the pictures, you have your child return the pictures to the school.  I really don't like this.  I think it is just rude!  We can't usually afford to buy these pictures.  The kids get really upset, because they want to keep them.  It's extremely annoying every year.  The most annoying thing is knowing that when we give them back, all they do is mark that we returned them, then they throw the pictures away.  I just think it is an evil way for the photography place to make money.  It's evil to torture the kids like that.  I feel bad disappointing my kids each year.  I am not usually pleased with the pictures anyways and it just feels so annoying to buy pictures from them when it is so easy to get pictures of my kids and much cheaper to use my own camera.  We can never afford to buy the pictures, so I at least get a copy of the picture.  That's how I console the kids.  I let them know that we still have the picture.  I'll just copy it and can easily print it up to the same sizes that are in their packets.  It helps them to be able to cope with the loss of their pictures a little better.
Here are Parker and Brin's pictures that they got this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment