Sunday, May 18, 2014

At Kari's House - May 18, 2014

Sunday - May 18, 2014
I woke up this morning feeling so happy to not have a headache.  Kari had a lot of breakfast foo for us to choose from.  That was so nice!  It was nice to wake up and have so many different foods being offered to you.  Usually I wake up to my kids telling me they are hungry.  when I start listing the different things they can choose from to eat for breakfast, they start whining that they don't like it and we never have anything good to eat.  It is so frustrating!  So, this morning was nice.  No whiny kids and lots of yummy foods.
We spent the morning relaxing and talking.  Then in the afternoon, Kari went to get some highlights for my hair.  she also, go me a super cool blender, like the one she has.  she made me the yummiest smoothie and I was so jealous.  I asked her where I could get a blender like that.  she told me where to get it and I had planned on buying one, but she is too nice and decided to get one for me.  I love it!
Anyway... I just really wanted to do something different with my hair. So, Kari gave me highlights.  It took really well.  My hair is a lot lighter, which I love, but it doesn't look very natural, which I don't love.  So, I love and hate my hair all at the same time.  It is fun to have something different though.  I was getting really bored with it how it was.  I can't decide what I want to do next.  I either want to cut it shorter or get a perm, or....... do both!  We'll see when I visit Kari again.  I guess it all will depend on my mood at the time of my visit.
Anyways.... We had fun at Kari's.  She gave the girls some really pretty dresses, that they are super excited about, and she gave Parker a Hoodiebuddy for his birthday.  Parker Loves it!
When my hair was done, Roger came to pick us up. As soon as we were all loaded up in the truck, Roger's mom called.  She was just getting home from a Sister's Fling with her sisters.  They were all heading over to drive down the lane by the house I grew up in.  It turns out that they are relatives of the old owner of that property. Some of their relatives are buried back there.  They have rights to the land.  They are supposed to be allowed to go back and visit the backyard where their ancestors are buried anytime.  Roger's mom was so surprised to find out that I grew up in the house right by the lane.  The house I grew up in was built on the property that was owned by her family.  Crazy!  So, they wanted us to come and meet them there, so I could share some stories of my childhood and what I knew about the area. So, that was a lot of fun for me.  We visited for a short while, then they left and we headed to Roger's Mom's house.
We decided to stay the night at her house, so we could celebrate Parker's birthday the next day by going to a fun center that took our pass of all passes.
It was nice to relax for a little while after we got to her house.  Before we went to bed, the kids helped me blow up some balloons and decorate a little for Parker's Birthday.






No comments:

Post a Comment