Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Mile Run - May 21, 2014

Wednesday - May 21, 2014
We are at the high school track watching the kids do the mile run.  Parker and Brinley both qualified, but Parker chose not to participate.  It was really hot sitting out in the sun watching them run.  When I first got there, I sat on the bleachers on the other side of the field.  I was too far away and couldn't tell were Parker and Brinley were sitting.  So, I just snapped a bunch of pictures (zoomed in) knowing that I could find them later.  The two bigger pictures on the right hand side are the pictures that have Parker and Brinley sitting with their classes.
There are a lot of different groups that run.  I think they group them by grade, then I don't know how the divide up the groups within each grade.  There are a lot of races to watch.  The first year I ever watched the mile run, was when Alissa ran it.  We got there at 9:00 am.  Alissa ended up being in one of the last groups that ran.  So, she ran shortly before 12:00 pm.  It was a long day!  I had Parker, Brinley, and a little boy I was babysitting with me.  It was rough trying to entertain them for that long while we waited.
This time was much different.  I was there watching all by myself.  It was a lot less stressful that way, but I wasn't really grateful for that.  I like it better when I have little ones with me.  The thing I was grateful for was that I didn't have to wait as long for Brinley to race.  She got to race around 10:00 am.  So, that was nice.  I left as soon as her race ended.  When I got home, Roger and I went for  long bike ride.  It was a lot of fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment