Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Parker and Roger Blow Out the Candles - May 27, 2014

Tuesday - May 27, 2014
Since we neither Parker or Roger had a chance to blow out the candles on their birthdays, we decided to sing to them and let them blow out the candles now that we are home.  We had a Marie Callender's Pie.  We put some candles in it, sang 'Happy Birthday',Roger and Parker blew out the candles, then we got to enjoy some yummy pie!  The pie was really good.  Sadly, Roger had to go to work as soon as he finished eating his pie.  It is so hard to get back to regular life after a vacation.
A little about our day: Brinley and Parker both stayed home from school today just because.  The last week of school always seems so pointless, so we aren't very strict about making the kids go.  They both wanted to stay home, since we got home so late last night and we were all so tired from all the hiking and driving that we did.  Alissa was tired, but she wanted to go, so she could finish all of her late work, so she'd be able to participate in all of the fun end of the year activities this week.
Alissa called from the school around lunch time and asked if she could stay after school to finish her work, so she won't have to miss out.  Roger took the truck to get an oil change, so I had to ask the Beverly's to pick her up.  Two hours after school got out, I still hadn't heard from Alissa.  I called the school and nobody answered.  I got really panicky when I realized that I had no way to get a hold of her and make sure that she was okay and still at the school.  Roger was still gone, so I couldn't drive over there to check on her.  I called the Beverly's, feeling super panicky, and asked if they would go look for her.  Lucky for us, the Beverly's are such nice people.  They went to the school to find her.  She was still in class, but just finishing up.. She was so focused on getting her work done, that she didn't realize what time it was.  I was extremely relieved when she finally came home.
Another funny thing from today is this news story.  This guy cracks me up!  I can't believe that he was able to fool so many people.  I love the big foot stuff and I was excited when I saw the story that he had killed a real big foot.  I was so excited to see if it was the real deal this time.  It would be awesome if someone found proof that big foot is real.  I love the whole big foot legend and stories.  I just really love unknown and mysterious type of things.  It's sad that it wasn't real, but hilarious that he fooled so many people.  My favorite part of the story is at the end, where after apologizing for lying (twice!), he promises to never lie again, then he claims that he has new evidence that big foot is real.  I love it!  I wonder if anybody will fall for it this time.  I watched a show about big foot that shared stories of people that loved to bring life to the legend of big foot by planting fake evidence and making big feet prints for people to find.  It was their hobby and they did it as often as they could.  There are so many different fun and interesting types of people in this world.  Anyways... I just think it is fun to imagine that Big Foot is real.  It makes all of our camping trips way more interesting when we have Big Foot hunting on our minds.  We watch a lot of 'Finding Big Foot'.  It is good fun!

Wednesday - May 28, 2014
The whole 2nd grade had a field day today.  They all walked over to North Park park to play.  The parents were asked to volunteer to come and help.  They wanted us to come with a game or activity to play with 6 - 10 kids at a time.  So, I decided to bring the bubble solution and a ton of different kind of bubble wands, like I had for Brinley's class.  I'd heard that some of the other second graders had seen us doing our activity and they wanted to try it.  It was pretty hectic doing the activity with the whole 2nd grade.  I had another mom there to help with the bubbles, so that was nice.  We were out there for almost 3 hours.  The kids rotated from station to station doing the different activities.  I was surprised at how long it took to get through all of the activities.  When they finished playing all the games, they all ran over to eat lunch under the bowery.  I hurried and cleaned up the bubble mess and put everything away.  Then I went over to see Brinley.  She was eating lunch with her friend Onnika, Onnika's sisters, and mom.


Friday - May 31, 2014
Here are some pictures I took of Parker and Brinley playing in our little pool on the patio.  It was really tricky to try and fill up the pool with out a hose, but we figured it out.  We set the pool up right next to the spout where we would hook up a hose if we had one.  I made a little slide and used aluminum foil to help keep it in place.  It fell if the water was turned on too high, so it took a long time to fill it up, but it was definitely worth it.  We love playing in our little pool.

2 comments:

  1. I try. I do a lot of coming soon or I'll add pictures when I can type of posts. I really didn't know if anybody ever reads this, I just like to keep it as a kind of journal. Thanks Tiffini :)

    ReplyDelete