Saturday, May 17, 2014

Nuts night at Kari's House - May 17, 2014

Saturday - May 17, 2014
Kari invited us over for a nuts night.  My sisters and I haven't gotten together to play nuts for a long time, so I was very excited to go.  The bummer is that it was only going to be Linda, Missy, Kari, and I.  Shelley and Kristy both couldn't make it.  Then, Missy ended up getting sick and she had to cancel.  It was still fun to go and see some of my sisters.  we never ended up playing nuts.  We spent all of our time talking.  Missy stopped by to drop something off.  She didn't stay long because she didn't want to get anybody sick.  But we all stood outside and visited for a while, while she was there.
Kari had to work that day, so we couldn't start our nuts night until 6:30pm.  We decided to come early and play a little until it was time to meet at Kari's.  We went on a little hike.


 Our little ones had always wanted to go to a Toys-R-Us.  We don't have one of those stores anywhere near us, but the kids would see commercials for that store and they always thought it would be the coolest store ever.  At Christmas time, I was able to take Alissa and Brinley to Toys-R-Us in Salt Lake, but Parker wasn't with us, so now He and the girls have been wanting to go, so Parker could finally see what it was like.  Alissa and Brinley told him about what an awesome store it is and he's just been dying to go.  Since we had time before we would meet at Kari's, we decided to take the kids to Toys-R-Us.  Parker was so excited!  He had $5.00 that he got from Grandma Mathison for his birthday.  That made his trip to the store even more exciting.  The kids love that store.  There are so many toys!  a lot of them they didn't even know existed.  We spent as long as we could wandering around and looking at all the toys.  Parker bought himself a toy that spins a tire and sends it shooting really far.
We left Toys-R-Us and headed over to Twin Peaks Elementary School (my old stomping grounds) to play on the playground and let Parker try out his new toy, while we waited for it to be time to go to Kari's house.  Parker's new toy was really fun.  He had fun playing with it.  Roger and Parker played basketball for a little while and Brinley and Alissa tried to bury themselves in the rocks.  Kari called when she was almost home, to let us know we could come over.  Roger and Parker were just dropping us off.  They helped us get all our stuff in then they left to go to Roger's friend, Dan's house.  Parker and Roger had a fun night of hanging out with Dan.  They went out to eat and stayed up late playing video games.
Alissa and Brinley had a lot of fun playing with Cousins.  Kari's ex-boyfriend's daughter, Kaylie was there.  So, Alissa had a friend her own age to play with.  Kaylie's step Brother came Also.  He is also the same age as Alissa.  Then Damen and Kiara came home and Linda brought Mathew with her.  Pretty much Alissa played with Kaylie the whole time and Brinley played with her cousin Mathew.  All the kids spent most of the time outside blowing bubbles, playing with the tether ball, or riding bikes, scooters, and skateboards.  They had a lot of fun.  I asked Kiara to help me come up with a new hairstyle.  She thought I should color my hair a darker color.  I'm way too afraid to do that.  I always am wishing my hair was lighter though, so I decided to have Kari add some highlights.  I ended up getting a headache.  That's why we ended up sitting outside.  I was too hot sitting inside and it was making my headache worse.  By the time we were done visiting outside, though, my head was killing me.  
I am so frustrated by my headaches.  I get them almost every time we go to Salt Lake.  I'm pretty sure they are related to my emotions.  I know when I get angry or fussy they get worse really fast and they get so painful that my tummy starts to hurt and I feel like I need to barf.  Since, I discovered that, I can usually keep my headaches from getting too bad.  When I find myself starting to get fussy over something, I quickly talk myself out of it and convince myself that it's okay.  But the headache is still there, it's just not as bad.  I wish I could figure out how to keep the headache away completely.  It is so frustrating that I almost always have a headache when we go to visit friends or family in Salt Lake.
Anyways... I was so relieved to finally go to sleep when we were done talking, since my head was hurting soooo... bad and I knew the best thing to make it go away was sleep.  Kari keeps her house really cold at night, which I love!  So, I slept really well.



 Kari bought these cute dresses for the girls.  Alissa and Kaylie loved their dresses so much that they decided to keep them on and wear them while they played.

No comments:

Post a Comment