Monday, July 7, 2014

Alissa Left to Girl's Camp - July 7, 2014

Monday - July 7, 2014
I can't believe Alissa is old enough to go to Girl's Camp!  That's crazy!  She's not actually 12 yet, but she will be next month.  We dropped her off to go to camp first thing this morning.  It is so weird not having her here.  This will be the longest that she has been away from me.  I don't love it, but I am so excited for her to go and for the fun experiences she will have.  At church yesterday, on the way out, Alissa ran into a friend.  That friend excitedly exclaimed that they were bunking together.  Alissa agreed.  then we continued walking and ran into another friend and that friend did the same thing.  she said, "We have to bunk together."  Alissa tried to explain that someone else had already asked, but her friend was too excited and not paying attention to how Alissa had responded.  So, I wonder how that's going to work out when they get there.  but, I'm glad she has friends in the ward.  I think she is going to have a ton of fun.
Alissa's absence is very noticeable.  It just doesn't feel right without her here.  Today we set up our little swimming pool and played outside for a little bit.  This is the last day of Roger's 4th of July break from work.  He has had the last 10 days off of work.  It's been nice.  I'm sad for him to have to go back.
Also, at church yesterday I got another calling.  It's funny because I went to church, debating about asking to be released from my primary teacher calling, so I can not be stressed out while I'm trying to get Parker used to going to church again.  He is having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things.  When I went to talk to the bishop, it just didn't feel right to quit my calling, so I decided to keep it, then the bishop said he had actually been planning to meet with me today, so we could discuss it more then.  I ended up meeting with one of his counselors.  At our meeting, I decided that I would keep my primary teacher calling and ask the primary president (Parker's 2nd grade teacher - who was really good with him) to help me with Parker.  Then the counselor asked me if I would take on another calling also.  They asked me if I would be the pianist for the ward choir.  I accepted, but I am super nervous.  I've wanted a calling to be the pianist for something, but I had primary or relief society on my brain.  I know I could do those easy peasy, but for the choir?  That is a whole different story.  Sometimes they do really complicated songs.  I've been at choir practices before and thought that being the choir pianist would be too hard.  It is something I never wanted to do.  I'm really nervous.  I feel like Heavenly Father will help me out with this and it will be a really good thing for me.  I'm going to be practicing a lot!  I'm really thankful that Roger bought me a keyboard for Christmas.  He sleeps during the day and the piano wakes him up.  I wanted a keyboard so I could play while he is sleeping.  This keyboard is going to get a lot of use this year.  I'm just really nervous.  I feel completely unqualified to be doing this job.  I taught myself how to play the piano when I was 7 years old.  I didn't start learning or understanding a lot about reading music until I got into choir in 7th grade.  I'm afraid that I won't understand or know all of the musical terms and I'm going to feel so stupid about that.  I really hope I can do well and this will be a really good positive thing.
Anyway... here are the pictures I took of us playing in the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment