Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pray For Peace - July 21, 2014

We got frustrated with how much time the kids were spending sitting in front of the tv.  Ever since we got Minecraft for them, they sit and play it nonstop.  If they are not playing it, they are watching it on youtube. It's crazy how into this game they are.  So, we had to make some rules so our kiddos wouldn't forget how to play outside and enjoy the toys and fun things they have to play around the house.  Today is our first day with the new rules.  The rule is no tv during the daytime.  In the evening, we can all sit and watch a show together to wind down from our busy day, but that's it.  We also gave them time limits on their computer usage.  They each can use the computer for one hour a day.  Parker and Brinley did that first thing this morning.  So, first thing this morning they didn't really know what to do with themselves, but they eventually figured it out.  It's 4:34 pm right now and they have been outside playing for most of the day.  I set up the little swimming pool for them.  They took their Legos out and they all were playing a fun game in the pool with the Legos.  Then, Parker's friend, Aiden came over.  Parker started playing Legos with Aiden, Brinley's friend Torrence came over and invited Brinley to play, and Alissa came in to dry off and change back into her clothes.  Brinley eventually came back in and her and Torrence got some toys and the cloud dough to take to Torrence's house to play with.  Roger called and made an appointment for Alissa to get her before she can start 7th grade shots.  Alissa has been wanting to get these shots over with, so she was happy.
This morning, while we were sitting around trying to decide what to do, I checked facebook on my phone.  One of my friends had shared a link to a song called "Pray For Peace"  by Reba Mcintire.
 Alissa and I watched it.  It is a good message, but for some reason it struck me as funny.  She repeats "pray for peace"  over and over through out the song.  A little before the middle of the song, she adds, "please pray for peace".  Then she adds a lot more, but it mostly repeats "pray for peace" through out the whole song.  And they do these actions with their hands where they hold their hands together like they are praying, then they hold their hands out and give peace signs.  Alissa and I watched the first part of the song, then I realized something..... I stopped the song and said, "I am amazing!  I just memorized all the words to that song.  I even memorized the actions that go with it!"  I thought I was so funny, so I shared the video on Roger's timeline and posted about how amazing his wife is and how she was able to memorize the first half of this song so quickly.  I don't usually post on facebook, because I'm embarrassing and almost always after I post something, I start to worry about, "Was that stupid?  Should I have put that?  People probably think I am such an idiot."  So, it's just best if I never post anything.  Anyway... I liked the song, but like I said it struck my funny bone for some reason.  So, after I posted that on Roger's page. I of course started to worry, "Should I have done that?  Will people be offended and feel like I am making fun of the song?"  I don't know what people will think of that.  As the day as gone on, I've noticed more and more people sharing the link to that song with word of encouragement and talk of how inspirational that song is.  So, I feel a little bad.  I'm just different I guess.  I have a hard time feeling the good message of the song.  I'm distracted by the fact the the whole first half of the song is the same lyrics repeated over and over along with the same actions over and over.  I'm entertained, by watching the peoples faces and Reba's facial expressions as she tries to convey this message and look like she is sincerely praying and serious about this message she is trying to send.  Please don't think I'm a bad person for thinking this video is so funny.  I'm just different.  We live in a really funny world.  There are a lot of things that people seem to think are so great wonderful and inspirational, that I think are hilarious.  I really must be a weird-o.  But somethings, seriously are wrong and weird and it makes me laugh that so many people can be inspired by it.  In those cases, I don't question if I'm weird, I really truly believe that the rest of the world is weird and crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment