Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Alissa's Art and Parker's Scouts - September 15, 2015

Tuesday - September 15th
There was a photography contest that Alissa learned about at school today.  She had to enter her picture online tonight.  It wasn't a requirement for her to enter, but she really wanted to.  So, as soon as she got home, she took the camera out and started snapping away.  I think she did an excellent job.  I was really impressed with the pictures she took.  Here they all are.









 I these pictures, she was trying to get cool pictures of water in the air.  They didn't work out how she hoped.




 Parker had scouts tonight.  The other leader keeps having to cancel.  In order for them to do scouts they need 2 adults.  I keep ending up having to stay, so scouts won't get canceled.  For their meeting today, they went hiking.  Brother Grant has a lot of property out in Bothwell, so that's where we did our hiking.  I was not wearing very good shoes for this hike.  Also, I hurt my knees recently.  I normally love hiking, but my hurt knees and bad shoes, made this hike not so wonderful.  The scenery was nice though, and Parker had fun.


 After the hike, Landon got to try out the fire starter thingy that was in his compass.  Landon and Parker each had the chance to earn a really cool compass when they earned their tenderfoot.  Parker is done with everything, he just needs to meet with the scout leaders, then he will get his.  The boys were all excited to see how the fire starting thing worked.
 When we got home, Sydney came over to hang out.  Alissa still had photography on her brain.  she wanted to get a good picture of a bubble.  She tried for a little bit.  when she was done, Sydney wanted to try.  They took a lot of pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment