Saturday, September 12, 2015

Peach Days and Malaiyah's Baptism - September 12, 2015

Saturday - September 12th
Malaiyah got baptized today.  I feel bad that I forgot to take any pictures.  I was asked to play the piano and bring rolls.  Alissa was asked to give the prayer.  It was a good day.  Malaiyah's mom and Malaiyah's future step dad gave the talks.  They did a really good job.  It was a good experience.  Afterwards, lunch was served.  Everybody kept complimenting me on the yummy rolls.  They were all making a big deal about them.  On the way home, Alissa told me that she didn't realize that my rolls were such a treat.  Since they are used to having them and she doesn't know what the store bought rolls taste like.  She thanked me for always making yummy rolls for them.  She was just surprised that something that is so normal for her was such a big deal for other people.  It made me feel good.  I'm glad that she shared that with me and thanked me.

Roger had to work for the search and rescue at Peach Days.  The last time we went to Peach Days was when we lived in Brigham.  Alissa was a little baby at the time.  Brigham City isn't far away.  I don't know why we haven't been back to Peach Days since then.  Alissa's friend Erin came with us.  We stopped and visited with Roger when we first got there.  He had to park his truck and guard the entrance from one side of the street.  There was no shade where he was, so he was hot.  As we walked toward all the fun activities, I told the kids to stop and let me take their picture.  Then I realized we forgot to take a picture with Roger.  I made them go back by Roger for more pictures.


 I had to have at least one picture with me in it.  I'm rarely in the pictures, because I'm always the one taking them.
 After I felt like I had taken enough pictures we headed toward all the fun.  The first thing we came to was a fun bounce house that was similar to an obstacle thing on the show Wipe Out.  It looked like a lot of fun.  There were 6 pedistools and a large pole that spins around.  You stand on the pedistool and jump over the pole as it passes you.  If you don't jump, it hits your feet and causes you to fall over.  It was so fun to stand and watch everybody playing on that game.  I saw a couple people get hurt.  One little girl cut her knee somehow and was bleeding as she walked off.  Most of what we saw was just fun.  I learned from Roger after we got home, that they had a ton of injuries on that thing.  One kid broke his arm or wrist or something.  When we had first arrived, there was an ambulance parked near by.  I hadn't realized that they had someone in there, but they did.  the kid who had broke a bone was in there.
 We didn't have money to go on any of the rides, because we used it all at the fair.  so, we spent our time walking around and looking at everything.  Alissa's friend, Erin brought money and she wanted to pay for her and Alissa to go on some rides.  Malaiyah was there with her family.  As soon as they found where she was, Alissa, Malaiyah, and Erin ran off to do their own thing.  Brinley, Parker and I wandered and watched the rides.  Teirnynn was there, but she was fussy, so she didn't really want to hang out with Brinley at all.  Her mom decided to just take her home, because she was so fussy.  I told her that we had room to take Malaiyah home with us, so Malaiyah wouldn't have to miss out on the fun.  We were getting hot, so we walked over to Roger to sit on the truck and take a break.  Parker climbed under the cover to be in the shade.
 It was a fun night.  Just before it was time to leave, I realized that I hadn't gotten any pictures with Malaiyah in them and that felt wrong, especially because this was her special day (her baptism day).  So, I had the kids pose for a few pictures.  It was dark, so the pictures aren't great.
We headed home after this.  It was a fun day and a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment