Sunday, April 10, 2016

Linda and Dave's Motor Home - April 10, 2016

Sunday - April 10th

Yesterday, our niece, Aurora got baptized.  We were late getting there.  We missed all of the talks, but were there in time to see her get baptized.  So, that was good.  After the baptism, we went to Tyler and Melissa's house for some lunch and a get together with family.  It was nice to see everybody.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins.
When we finished there, we followed Missy home, so we could see her new house.  She has a nice house.  I'm excited for her.
We left from Missy's house to go to Lehi, where Linda said she would pick me and the kids up, so we could spend the night at her house.  My dad was the one who came and got us.  Roger dropped us off because he had plans to go hang out with his friend, Dan.  The drive to Linda's with my dad was nice.  We had a good conversation and he drove us past the Timpanogas temple.  The kids have been asking to see it, because that is the temple that Roger and I got married in.
When we got to Linda's, the kids ran outside to play and jump on the trampoline and I stayed inside and enjoyed the yummy steaks they had made for dinner.  They were really good!
We had a fun weekend.  I love to hang out with my sister.  We had a lot of fun talking and watching movies.  Linda is doing weight watchers right now, so she didn't pig out on lots of treats with me, but she had lots of treats and junk food she wanted me to eat, so she didn't have it in her house anymore.  I was happy to do that for her.  It was a yummy weekend filled with lots of unhealthy food for me.  I enjoyed it.  While I was there, she taught me about weight watchers and how it is working for her and Dave.  She gave me some good advice and ideas on how to get started.  Roger and I plan to start tomorrow.  I'm not really excited about starting a diet, but roger really wants to and he doesn't want to do it alone, so that's why I will be doing it also.  I promised myself to never diet again, but I'm breaking my promise so I can be supportive of Roger.  Last weekend, Linda and Dave came over for a little visit and while they were here, Dave had told Roger about weight watchers and how it was working for them.  As soon as they left, Roger started talking to me about it and how he wants to do it.  He had been talking to me about how he wants to loose weight, before they came and told us about weight watchers, so I wasn't surprised.  After talking to Linda about it yesterday, I'm feeling better about it.  I think it will be a really good thing for Roger and I.  So, we are going to start tomorrow.
Linda and Dave got a motor home.  It is so nice!  I'm so excited for them!  I couldn't wait to see it.  I was terrible at taking pictures all weekend.  I normally take a ton of pictures, but I just didn't think about it until the end of our weekend.  On the way home, is when I finally thought to take some pictures.  Linda and Dave drove us home in their motor home.  It was so nice.  I love traveling that way.  It was so comfortable.  At the start of the drive, we finished watching a movie we had started watching before we decided it was time to go home.  It was a movie called, Celine.  It was about Celine Dion's life.  It was interesting.  I liked it.  I mostly liked that the drive went faster while watching tv and I was happy that it didn't make me car sick to sit and watch it.  I took a few pictures of us on the drive home.


On Friday night, Linda and Dave picked up their friends and went in the motor home to Wendover.  Linda won $1000.00!  She was super lucky.  I just thought that was exciting, so I had to share.  Also, Linda was super nice while we were there and she gave Kristin some money to take Alissa dress shopping.  They only went to one store.  Alissa found one dress she liked.  It is cute.  I'll have to get a picture of her in it at some point.  They weren't out shopping very long, because Kristin ended up having to go in to work.
Roger said he had fun hanging out with Dan.  They didn't get to spend a lot of time playing their game, like they had planned, because they were too busy dealing with work stuff at Dan's shop.  Roger didn't stay the night.  He went home on Saturday night, because he didn't want to miss church.  He needed to be there to teach the lesson.  He left to go home around 1:00 in the morning.  After he got home, he went to bed, then he woke up and went to church.  As soon as he got home from church, he ate some food, then went straight back to bed.  He said he pretty much slept the whole time we were gone.  He was really tired, because he worked all of Friday night, then only had a few hours of sleep before he had to get up to take us all to the baptism in Salt Lake.
Also, Roger's friend, John, texted him yesterday.  Roger's brother, Todd was in his class at church and had just introduced himself as a visitor.  So, John texted Roger to let him know that his brother was in his ward today.  They were able to figure out that John lives near Tyler and Melissa and is in their ward.  so, next time we go and visit, we will stop by and visit Roger's friend, John.  I can't even picture who he is right now.  It's been driving me nuts.  I know I've met this friend before, but I can't think who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment