Saturday, January 5, 2019

Just Hanging Out - January 5, 2019

Saturday - January 5th

I realized that we may have gotten carbon monoxide poisoning.  I called Linda to see if she thought we needed to get checked out.  She thought we'd be fine, but suggested if Alissa was still feeling sick, maybe we should go see a doctor.  After talking to her and thinking about things a little more, I got worried and thought I should go check on Alissa and make sure she was okay.  She was fine.  Just sleeping in.  When she came upstairs, I told her about the carbon monoxide.  We were talking about it and she was surprised and saying that that makes a lot of sense and helps her to understand how she's been feeling lately.  We talked about it for a while.  Alissa was looking online to learn more about it.  It made her start to worry that maybe she should get checked out.  She was thinking about how she had no memory of anything that happened on Monday night at work and how that felt so weird to her.  She couldn't figure out how she could have forgotten.  She also, couldn't remember Wednesday night.  It was crazy to put this all together and figure out that was what was going on.
I decided that maybe I could take Alissa to get looked at.  Both the clinics were closed, but I heard that there was an insta-care in Brigham city now and people say that's an affordable place to go.
I took Alissa to the insta-care and realized that the insta-care is way more expensive than either of the clinics we got to.  Also, they can't do anything there.  The best way to know if they need to treat it, is a blood test, but they couldn't do that there.  So, they wanted to do and EKG and give her oxygen for 15 minutes.  If the EKG was not right, then they'd sent us to the hospital.  I was so frustrated.  Alissa was feeling better than she had been and I was sure an EKG and giving her oxygen would cost us an arm and a leg (way more than having blood drawn would cost).  I was so frustrated.  I had misunderstood what an insta-care was.  I'll never make that mistake again.  We left and didn't have an EKG or oxygen.  We needed to get home, so I could drive Roger to work.
The whole experience at the insta-care, put me in a bad mood.  My bad mood rubbed off on Alissa.  we were both super fussy when we got home.  I drove Roger to work, came back home, and the kids and I decided to order ourselves some fast food.  I went to pick it up, but before I ordered mine, I decided not to get it, so I could go jogging before it got dark.  I got the kids their food, then I went jogging.
I came home from jogging and made the kids film the videos for our vlog with me.  After we did our vlog, I went to visit Roger at work.
When I got home from his work, I edited my video and posted it on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment