Friday, January 4, 2019

Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - January 4, 2019

Friday - January 4th

Yesterday evening, Parker smelled gas in the downstairs bathroom. When Roger went to check it out, he realized the pilot light was out on the water heater. The was water in places where it shouldn't be and the water heater was not doing so well. He turned the gas off to it, and we slept with the window open a crack to help air it out.
Roger called a plumber first thing in the morning. They came around 10:30am. They confirmed that the water heater is no good. That was a big fat bummer. Getting a new water heater was expensive!
They came back around 12:30 to take out the old one and install a new one. I'm glad we got the problem fixed. In the few days before we realized this, I kept getting headaches. Alissa and Parker had bothered complained about headaches. I thought Alissa and Parker's headache were from not drinking enough water. I just kept telling them to go drink more water. But now, I'm thinking those headaches may have been from the way heater letting of fumes. Maybe a little carbon monoxide. I don't know. I didn't have a headache yesterday, so that was nice. Brinley and Roger didn't complain about headaches. Brinley spends most of her time upstairs, in her room, far away from the water heater. Alissa's room is right next to it. She was the one who felt these worst. She had a headache and a fever on Thursday. She also complained of a stomach ache for a little bit.
Parker and I hang out in the family room a lot (also right next to it), me at the computer and Parker at the Xbox.
I just remembered, Roger did complain of a little headache and not feeling well on Thursday or Wednesday. I can't remember which. But we were both in the family room not feeling well.  Also, Butter's wasn't feeling well.  He had to go out to the bathroom 2 - 3 times each night.  He had diarrhea.  We couldn't figure out what was making him sick, we just knew he was sick.  And it was worse at night.  He only spends time close to the water heater area at night.  Forest sleeps upstairs and didn't spend a lot of time in the family room.
I think that is so scary. I'm really glad we got the problem fixed and we didn't die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I was really lazy yesterday. I exercise on Wednesday and Thursday, but couldn't get myself to do anything yesterday. I sat and did my puzzle most of the day. When the kids came home, I took Alissa to work, then Brinley's friends came over to make a music video for my Friday vlog.
Roger was supposed to work overtime, which he was bummed about, but then they called it off. So, that was good. He wanted to go have a little pity party for himself because of all the money we had to spend on the water heater. He wanted to go get Chinese food and chillax out of the border for a little while. He wanted me to come with him, but I was determined to get a video done, since that's not new year's resolution. I told him I'd come if he would make a video with me, but he didn't want to, so he went alone.
Our music video turned out alright and we had fun making it. We had to hurry though, because it eased getting dark so fast. It was super cold outside! I was freezing. The girls didn't seem bothered by the weather at all. I miss that. The weather eased earlier for me top handle when I was younger. I get cold a lot more now that I'm older.
It took forever to edit the music video. I'm glad I started when I did, so I wasn't up past midnight working on it.
As I'm writing this, I'm thinking I need to look into if we should get checked out after dealing with carbon monoxide. I'm going to look into that when I'm done. Hopefully, it is something that will just leave our systems and we'll be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment