Saturday, October 2, 2010

General Conference - October 2, 2010

Saturday - October 2nd
Today was General Conference.  Last year on the Saturday General Conference, I got a horrible phone call.  Linda called to tell me that my mom started throwing up the night before and it just wouldn't stop.  Dad to her to the emergency room and they are doing emergency exploratory surgery.  I was brave while I was on the phone with Linda but as soon as I hung up the phone, I could not control the tears.  I was so scared for my mom and so sad that I couldn't be there for her.  I had a hard time paying attention to any conference after that. 
Before the first session had started, I had been thinking about my mom and wondering what she was doing.  I figured she was probably sitting in a comfy chair, eating ice and putting together a puzzle on her laptop.  I was wishing that she was at my house so we could do a puzzle and enjoy conference together.  Linda called shortly after the first session started.  I calmed myself down from crying and decided to take the kids and go watch conference with the Beverlys.  I thought that would help me to stop thinking about it.  I was doing alright until one of the talks reminded me about what was going on and I just started bawling.  The Beverlys were all staring at me, wondering what was going on.  I could hardly stop crying enough to explain to them why I was crying.  It did help to sit and talk with them about it.
Today, I didn't sit and listen to conference.  I worked really hard to clean out the downstairs room that used to be Roger's office.  Roger had decided to let me have it as a craft room, but instead of being a craft room, it ended up being a crap room.  I had just been putting things in there when I had no other place to put them.  So, cleaning it out was a big job.  It took me all day!  I listened to conference while I cleaned.  I would have loved to sit and watch conference in a nice clean home, but it just didn't happen that way.  I'm working on moving all the toys downstairs, so that my daycare can be downstairs and Roger's computer and the big TV can be in the living
room upstairs.  It's a lot of work.
At the first of this week, Parker got sick.  He had a fever for 2 days, then a yucky, almost congested sounding throat.  Today, I noticed that he now has a runny nose, but he is still feeling much better than he did at the first of the week.  After Parker's fever went away, Brinley came down with a fever.  Her fever also lasted for two days.  Now that Brinley's fever is gone, Alissa has a fever.  I feel so bad for the kids when they are sick.  It is no fun.
Roger has to work overtime this weekend.  I feel bad for him when they don't let him have a weekend.  I don't like it when he has to go to work everyday of the week.
I almost forgot, Roger made a really yummy dinner tonight.  I really didn't think I was going to like it because it has soy sauce in it and it is like a Chinese type of food and I usually don't like Chinese food.  But I really liked this dinner.  I also, liked that Roger cooked.  Anyways, the dinner he made is called Kielbasa Fried Rice.  We loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment