Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Birthday - October 21, 2010

Thursday - Oct 21st
This is my first birthday without my mom.  I miss her so much!  Last year, I spent my birthday in the hospital with my mom and dad.  My mom had a surgery to try and figure out why she wasn't recovering from the last surgery she had.  My dad and I sat in the waiting room for a very long time that day.  They had come out and told us they hadn't figured out why she wasn't recovering, but they cleaned things out and were stitching her up.  I was praying so hard all day that they'd be able to find the problem.  About an hour later, they came back out and explained that when they were closing her up, they noticed a tiny hole in her stomach that hadn't been sewn up right in during the previous surgery.  That explained why she was struggling to get batter.  They closed up that hole and sewed her back up, so she'd finally be able to get better.  It was a long day.  I was so worried about my mom, I barely had anytime to think about my birthday.  I think I ended up celebrating a late birthday that year.  All the memories of last year, and the weird pains I have been having, are making it really hard to feel happy this year.  When I talked to my sister Missy, I complained to her about the way I was feeling.  She talked to my cousin Cassie gull after she got off the phone with me.  I guess they talked about the things I complained to Missy about.  Cassie felt bad and wanted to make my day better, so she ordered some flowers and had them delivered to me.  That was so sweet and really made my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment