Thursday, September 20, 2012

Big Mean Bully - September 20, 2012

Thursday - September 20, 2012
There is a crazy lady that lives on the south side of Tremonton.  The primary president asked me to deliver some treats to all the kids in my class, including the inactive ones.  The crazy lady's daughter is in my primary class.  They are inactive, so I had never met them before.  When the primary president asked me to deliver the treats, she seemed extra apologetic.  I didn't think it would be that big of a deal to deliver the treats, so I was confused at why she was so apologetic about it.
So, I went out and delivered the treats.  My first stop was at the crazy lady's house.  Of course, at this time, I had no idea that she was a crazy lady.  I had never met her before.  I walked up to the door and before I could knock, the door opened.  I figured that they had seen me coming and just answered the door before I could knock.  The little girl that opened the door, just happened to be the little girl in my class.  I asked her if she was Vanessa, then I introduced myself as her primary teacher, gave her the treat, said, "Good-bye.", and left.  I continued down the road and delivered the rest of the treats.  Went home and went to bed, feeling so proud of myself for getting that job accomplished.
The next afternoon, I'm walking to the school to pick up the kids, when a neighbor drives up and offers me a ride.  On the way to the school, she tells me that her friend, the crazy lady, is furious with me.  She claims that I came to her house and lured her child out into the driveway and gave her candy.  She is the most upset that I didn't have the common decency to come to her door.  She also said that she almost called the cops on me and that I was lucky that she had a friend over or she would have run outside and ripped me a new one! Now the crazy lady is really mad at me and wants to "talk" to me about the horrible thing I did.
I would have never delivered those primary treats had I known what would happen after.  So, I am really uncomfortable knowing that there is a crazy lady that wants to "talk" to me.  We went to the Safety Fair at North Park Elementary school on the September 17th.  I knew that the crazy lady would be there.  I hoped that she wasn't as crazy as my neighbor made her sound.  But she was!  I was there with my friend Laurie.  I saw the crazy lady, so I told Laurie the story and how the crazy lady wanted to "talk" to me.  I asked her to help me avoid the crazy lady and make sure that we stayed far away from her.  We went to watch a demonstration and we ended up getting too close.  I realized we were standing too close, but the only way out was to walk past her.  So, I tell Alissa to keep up with me,I hold Brinley's hand and tell her we are going to walk fast for a little bit.  Parker was off playing with a friend, so I was going to have to find a way back over to get him.  Anyway, so we walk as quickly as we can past the crazy lady, but she sees us.  She yells, "Hey Jen!"  I look at her and she angrily says, "I need to talk to you."  I started backing as far away from her as I could and I told her no.  I said that I would not talk to her, because she is mad and mean and just wants to yell at me.  She yells, "Why would I be mad at you?  What did you do that was wrong?"  I told her I did nothing wrong, I don't want to talk to her, and please leave me alone.  I was far enough away from her at that point.  She turned around and went back to the demonstration and stood by her friend.  I ran into another friend at that point and I told her all about the crazy lady and my terrifying experience.  She invited me to her house, so I could be safe and not have to deal with crazy lady.  Also, we hadn't visited for awhile, so it would be fun to get caught up with each other.  I thanked her and went to find Parker.  I had to stay hidden from her, so she wouldn't come after me again.  I walked behind a truck, where I could see, without her seeing me.  My friend Laurie had stayed over there and I could see that Laurie and her were yelling at each other and a small crowd was gathering around them.
Laurie said that when crazy lady came back over to her friend, she was calling me all sorts of horrible names and talking a lot of trash about me.  Laurie stood up for me.  I can't remember all of the things that they had said.  Basically, she was getting in Laurie's face, trying to intimidate her.  Laurie didn't back down.  Laurie talked calmly and defended me the whole time.  There were plenty of police officers around, so Laurie knew that crazy lady wouldn't physically attack her.  Crazy lady's friend kept saying, "This is mild for her.  You don't want to see her get really angry!"
The argument ended.  I was able to get to Parker without having another confrontation with crazy lady.  We waited near the back gate of the school for Laurie to meet us.  I kept my eye on crazy lady to make sure she didn't come after me.  She is a really mean, really big lady, so I knew I could out run her.  Her friend, that she had been with, kept pointing looking at me and pointing me out to crazy lady.
I just can't understand how someone could be so horrible and ugly on the inside.  I also feel really frustrated that so many people knew that she was a crazy horrible lady, but nobody warned me about her.  Also, while Laurie and the crazy lady where arguing, the crazy lady said that she had talked to the primary president about the horrible thing I had done and the primary president had agreed with her that what I had done was wrong.  Stupid, huh!  Way to have my back!  So I sent a Facebook message to the primary president and told her what had happened and how the crazy lady came after me at the safety fair.  She apologized for putting me in that situation and said that she would talk to crazy lady and ask her to leave me alone.
Last week, I like living here and I had been thinking about how I hope they will rent to us for another year.  This week, I can't wait to move!  I hate being afraid to go outside.  I went to the store yesterday and I couldn't believe how scared I felt.  I programmed the number to the police station on my phone, so I can call them quickly if she comes after me again.  She clams that she was so concerned about the welfare of her children, that's why she was mad at me, yet she had them with her when she tried to attack me.  We were at the school!  They were a ton of children around and a lot of people that would be impacted by her craziness.
So, there you have it!  I'm extremely stressed out with school and work and now I have to worry about a bully.  I used to walk the kids to and from school everyday.  Now, to be safe, I drive them.  I hate that one person has been able to change my life so much.  I have a ton of stress.  I'm afraid to leave the house.  I have the police station on speed dial.  I can't walk with the kids to school anymore and when I'm outside of the school waiting for them, I'm terrified that I will see her and I spend my time thinking about how I will react if she does show up and come after me.  Why are there such horrible people out there!?!  Why do I have to be her target!?!

1 comment:

  1. I came across a very inspirational blog the other day, and have almost read the last 6 months worth. There was a post done today, that is unrelated to this situation, but I think could be an inspiration for you. The blog is Mynameisjacy.com.

    So sorry this bully had to pick on you!! If only she knew you! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete