Friday, September 21, 2012

Birthday Party - September 21, 2012

Friday - September 21, 2012
Today is Aunt Kelly's birthday!  She is in Salt Lake for her friend Heather's wedding.  She said that she is too busy with all of the wedding stuff, to be able to visit us.  So, that's a bummer.
I had a busy day.  The kids really didn't want to go to school today.  Alissa got really upset and couldn't calm her self down by the time we were ready to leave.  So, I drove Parker and Brinley to school and came back to help Alissa calm down and get her to school.  She calmed down and asked if she could roller blade to school.  I walked and she roller bladed.  I got her to school.  Luckily, she wasn't too late.
After I got the kids to school, I ate some breakfast.  Then I went to visit with Suzee Deakin.  Her mom passed away recently.  We had a good visit and shed some tears.  I'm glad that we didn't move too far away and that we can easily go and visit our friends from our old neighborhood.
I left Suzee's house at noon and headed to Walmart.  I needed to buy Parker some underwear and pants.  As I was driving, I remembered that today was Mikenna's birthday party, so I decided to stop at Dollar Tree.  I thought that I would just go in and quickly pick 3 to 5 thinks to give her for her birthday.  When I walked in, I noticed they had their Halloween and some Christmas stuff out.  I had to go look!  Basically, my tiny little Dollar store trip ended up being a large one.  I spent $56.00!  How crazy is that!  I should have put stuff back.  I just didn't want to.  Sometimes it feels really good to go out and shop like you would if you had a lot of money.  I guess it's good that I went to the Dollar store.  Had I shopped like that anywhere else, it would have come to a lot more money.
I had to cut my Walmart trip short.  I went to Walmart right after the Dollar store.  Shortly after walking in to the store, I got a phone call from the kids' school.  Parker was having some trouble, so they needed me to go pick him up.  So I had to run through the store and grab only the things that I really needed, then hurry to the school to pick up Parker.  School was going to let out in a half an hour, so I decided to pick up the other two also.  This is the crazy thing..... when the kids got into the car, they started to complain that they didn't want to leave early.  That is funny because just that morning they were complaining that they didn't want to go.
We got invited to Mikenna's Birthday Party!  The kids were really excited to go.  We used to see Mikenna all of the time, because I would babysit her.  Now we don't see her as often.  The kids couldn't wait to see her.  We were also excited about seeing their new house.  We had seen it a couple of times while they were building it, but we hadn't seen it since they finished it.  It was a very nice house!  I loved it!  Below are some of the pictures I took at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment