Monday, October 28, 2013

Golden Spike Driving Tour and My New Pillow - October 28th

While the kids were at school, Roger and I went to Logan.  We went out to lunch at the Olive Garden.  We got to use the gift certificate that my dad gave me for my birthday.  The Logan Olive Garden is much nicer than the American Fork one.  So, we really enjoyed our lunch.  They had a special going on where you if you buy one of 5 meals they had listed, you got to chose another one, to take home with you when your done eating.  so, it's 2 meals for the price of one.  So, I ordered the Fettucine Alfredo (which was on the list) and I ordered a second one to take home.  It was so nice.  I didn't have to make dinner tonight because of that.  I divided my take home meal between the kids.
After we left the Olive Garden, we went to Sam's Club to get toilet paper and garbage bags.  While we were wandering through the store, daydream shopping, we found my birthday present.  Roger bought me a super nice memory foam, cooling gel pillow.  I love it!  Here is a picture of what it looks like.  I got this picture off the internet.
 I'm really excited to go to bed tonight and sleep on my new pillow.  After our shopping fun, we went to the bank and then payed our rent.  The landlord said that we should be getting new neighbors across from us this weekend.
We haven't had anybody living there for a month or two.  The people that lived there before, were a mystery to me.  So, I was glad to finally have a chance to find out who lived there.  Some one had moved in, but we never saw any moving trucks.  They were rarely home, there were always different cars coming and going, but I never saw any people.  One morning, I was headed to the truck and saw someone pounding on their door.  The man at the door asked if someone lived there and if I knew who it was.  I was of no help to him, since it was still a mystery to me.  The guy seemed pretty angry.  Anyways, when I asked about who lived there, they said it was two return missionaries that weren't very good at managing their money.  She said they didn't really have any furniture (which would explain why we didn't see them move in).  When they kicked them out, it took them only one day to pack their stuff and leave.  They pretty much left in the night.  It was crazy and fun to make up stories about the mysterious neighbors living across from us.

A storm blew in right as the kids were coming home from school.  It was fun to go out in the wind and walk home with them.  The kids came in and ate an after school snack, then we got ready and went out adventuring.  Roger took us to a trail near Golden Spike.  It wasn't as cold as we had expected it to be, so that was nice.  We had a lot of fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment