Sunday, October 6, 2013

Conference Weekend - October 5th and 6th

On Friday night, just before I went to bed, Lori Gillen called and asked if I would babysit her kids today.  She said that the person who she had planned to tend them wasn't answering her phone.  I really didn't want to, but I felt bad and I knew Lori didn't have someone else who could help, so I said yes.  I was really frustrated because I had been looking forward to conference weekend all week long.  I had planned to relax, have treats, and put a puzzle together.  Since Lori's kids were going to be here, I had to change my plans.  I worked really hard in the morning, making some really fun activity books for the kids to play with while I watched conference.  I even had a few games planned to help keep their interest.
When the kids got here, nothing went as planned.  They were running wild.  They weren't interested in anything I had planned.  I couldn't keep them quiet enough for me to even hear conference.  The louder I turned up the volume, the louder they got.  So, I turned off conference and decided I would just have to enjoy it another day.  Those kids were extra stinkery today.  by the time they went home, I was exhausted and I had decided that I would have to tell Lori that I couldn't tend for her anymore.  It is really too much for me to handle.
Sunday conference was much better.  The kids and I played conference BINGO.  Roger woke up when the first session ended.  We all ate lunch then went to North Park Elementary school to play on the playground for a little while before the next session started.









No comments:

Post a Comment