Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

Parker and Brinley got to wear their costumes to school.  They loved that!  Alissa was bummed that she didn't get to, but they don't do that at the intermediate school.  Roger didn't have to go in to work until 8:30 tonight.  That was really nice.  So, he got to stay home and relax a little longer before starting another night of work.
I didn't have to make dinner again tonight, because we went to another trunk-or-treat that provided dinner for us.  At 5:00pm, we went to the Penrose/Thatcher church for dinner and trunk-or-treating.  The Penrose trunk-or-treat was a lot better than the Bothwell trunk-or-treat.  I like it better, when we're not crowded into a small space to trick-or-treat.  They did the trunk-or-treat first, then we had soup, bread sticks, and donuts.  We went with my friend Heather.  Heather came with us last night to our trunk-or-treat and tonight we went with her to her trunk-or-treat.
After the trunk or treat, we went to our old neighborhood, to find Alissa's friend Erin and give her part of her costume back.  We found her and did a little trick-or-treating with them, until Heather called and said she was ready to meet us.  We had planned to trick-or-treat with Heather in her old neighborhood (Which happens to be the neighborhood I did my paper route in a few years ago).  When we met Heather, she told us that she wanted to drive her kids around and stop at only a few houses.  I didn't want to do that.  I'm afraid to drive the kids from house to house.  There are too many kids and I'm afraid that I will run someone over.  Plus, I love running from house to house with the kids.  That's one of the things that makes Halloween so fun.  So, even though we met Heather over there, we didn't end up walking around with her.  Heather's old neighborhood was really crowded, which was fun and annoying at the same time.  It'd fun to see a lot of people out trick-or-treating, but it's annoying when it's so crowded you have a hard time keeping an eye on your kids.  A lot of the houses in that neighborhood didn't have porch lights on, so that was a bummer, but the kids didn't mind.  After that neighborhood, we went to the Archibald Estates to trick-or-treat (that's a neighborhood not far from our old house on Tremont Street).  We like to go to that neighborhood, because it looks nice and inviting and is so well lit.  Every year, I say, "This is the neighborhood I want to live in."  I wonder if that will ever happen.  When we finished going around the neighborhood, it was getting close to 8:00pm and the kids were tired, so we headed home.  All of us were exhausted.  We were all in bed and asleep by 9:00pm.  Except for Roger, of course, because he had to go to work.  I look forward to the day when Roger can be on a normal schedule.  He's been working the graveyard shift at least 10 years now.  I don't know how he does it.














I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures of the kids when they were trick-or-treating through the neighborhoods.  It was dark and I didn't have my good camera with me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment