Monday, October 14, 2013

The Corn Maze - October 14th

Monday - October 14, 2013
We went to Carter's Corn Maze tonight.  They sent flyers home with the kids at school.  They were have a special school night, where it costs less for a family to go through the corn maze.  So, we were excited to go.  This is the first time for all of us to go through a corn maze together.  Alissa went last year with our neighbor and Roger went a few years ago with Missy and Becca, but I don't think I have ever been through a corn maze and I know Parker and Brinley had not ever been to one.  I was feeling kind of tired before we went, but I didn't want to ruin our fun, so I didn't say anything and we left.  On the way there, I got a text message from Trisha (the mom of bayleigh and Torrence - who I babysit).  In her text, she said that she needs to drop the kids off an hour earlier tomorrow. So, she would drop them off at 6:00am.  I don't enjoy when I have to wake up earlier than normal, but had she asked I wouldn't have minded doing it.  The thing is.... She didn't ask!  Her text was just a text to tell me they were coming early.  My tired feeling instantly turned to a fussy feeling.  I was trying really hard to not get fussy, so we could all still have fun.  When we got to the maze, we walked over to pay to get in.  The person that we payed our money to is someone who lives in our old ward (the 6th ward).  We never fit in in that ward.  We always felt like outsiders and we knew that a lot of the people in that ward didn't like us.  They did an excellent job at letting us know that we weren't welcome.  Anyway... as we walked away from paying, I started doing the math in my head and realized that they had over charged us by $4.00.  I was already fighting the fussy feeling and this really didn't help.  Because my brain automatically starts thinking, she did it on purpose because she hates us.  Then all the things that happened when we lived in the 6th ward come flooding back to me and it is just nearly impossible to fight the fussy feelings I was having.  We decided that when we got out, we would go and tell her her mistake and ask for the $4.00 back.  But all through the maze, I was having the hardest time feeling happy and enjoying the good time that I should have been having.  I know that my fussy rubs off on everybody else, so I was trying not to show it, but I didn't do a great job.  We were lost in that corn maze for over 2 hours.  I was fussy and Brinley and Parker were tired.  Brinley complained a lot.  she was so frustrated that we had to walk for so long and so mad that we couldn't just leave.  Alissa and Roger did their best to stay happy and have fun.  I'm very thankful for that.  I feel bad that I was fussy.  I wasn't able to enjoy that at all.  Brinley got extra scared and fussy when it got dark.  She really wanted to get out of there.  We ran into a family from our ward.  They were loud and happy and that helped to overshadow my fussiness, so I was also thankful for that.  When we got out, we got our $4.00 back.  She said that she had accidentally put the wrong price on the flyers that got sent out, but she gave everybody who asked the price that the flyer said.
Here we are at the start of the corn maze.


 After we got home from the corn maze, we put the kids to bed.  When they were asleep, I stayed up and decorated the house for Brinley's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment